Two new terrain graphic looks

Can you attempt to make swamp? That would be awesome if you could. I would replace jungle with it personally, and that is how it would best fit into my mod.

GIDustin

Both look good. They will be added to my evergrowing terrain mods.

To: GIDustin hey yea i'll try to make them but it can take a really long time cuz for somethings like the desert you have to modifiy three terrain files and so it'll be a while.

PS i was on your website d/l a bunch of wonder splashes and i want to say you have a very well planed and organized website my congrats to you

oh GIDusting btw

do you have snoopy's terrain or the default or what??? and also i was wondering would you want the swamp from civ II cuz that would be really easy if not then i can attempt to do one from scratch. another question do you also want modified hill jungles, and mountain jungles or not?

k here is the new thread i made for your swamp stuff
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29097

Thanks for your comment on my site. I try to keep it well organized and up to date, but sometimes it gets rather hard to keep up with all the dedicated modders out there.

If you could do the swamp terrain, that is great. Then, all I need to finish my MTG Mod is 300+ unit animations and 20 leaderheads. I can probably do the leaderheads, but the units. . .

May have to "hire" someone for that one.

GIDustin

BTW I posted in your new swamp thread as well.

hey Ossric yea i can try that, if you want there was another post that i made earlier that had a for the desert 'hill', i dunno if that is better since its a hill not a dune but go check it out, also it acts as desert not as a hill.

And if i can get around to it i'll try to make them bigger for you, i'm currently busy with stuff around the house and GIDustins swamp stuff

Hey no offense but that looks terrible. That brown color doesn't represent any place on earth I have ever seen. I think you went way too dark. I like what you are trying to do but that color is way off. Looking forward to future attempts with a better color constrast, not that aweful ugly color you picked this time though. Sand dunes is a great concept though. This flat boring desert terrain needs some improvement. Trying to help not cut you down for your efforts. :) Just my two cents for what it is worth. Try a lighter, much lighter color.

DF is totally right, when i first opened this thread i looked at the preview and said "Whats that?, ****plains?"
Still... keep up the (most of the time) good work, im sure it'll get us some good graphics!
;)

Don't you think the steppe looks a little bit too contrasty? I mean, it's more like a swamp... Also the texture looks very... boring? Looks like a standard photoshop-grain texture.

As for the dunes, I feel they're too round. I'll check if I can make a screenshot from one of the "Dune" games. :)

Originally posted by CCJ39
The dunes look nice, but have a look to my dunes (I created them a little bit earlier in the snoopy-threat).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=445741#post445741

Excellent work I must say. I really like the improvements you have made. The mines are a nice touch, but they sort of look like oil rigs. Mines do not have tall towers next to them, just curious what the tower represents for mining? :) :p

thx :cool:
Maybe I create another mine later but if you like to change it yourself, so download it and open the file with the minegraphic. The right row includes 4 pictures (first is barbarian and the 2nd-4th are 3 different mine pictures, but only the picture and the second one will be used by the game).

Now my new homepage-version is online. The first 2 new mods are included (forest, pines for tundra and a new tundragraphic).

Mines do not have tall towers next to them, just curious what the tower represents for mining?

I haven't found the screenshot - the snoopy thread is LONG, but...

It could be for the lift equipment if mining a seam accessed by a vertical shaft. Certainly seen that for some coal mines on the news here in the UK.

Given that mining is a technology that is available at the start of the game, I would avoid this sort of image (its a bit too high tech).

Just my two cents.

Peter

Top Bottom