• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Typhoon Submarine

Awesome Looking Sub... Finally a sub that really looks like it carries Nukes :)

Does anyone have suggested stats for this beast?

Carries two nukes, longer range, more expensive....I'm not in the mood for being specific myself...but maybe someboy else is.

Originally posted by Architekt
Does anyone have suggested stats for this beast?

Carries two nukes, longer range, more expensive....I'm not in the mood for being specific myself...but maybe someboy else is.

same as the reg. nuke, but can carry 4 nukes, costs a bit more.

What I would do is make the original Nuclear Sub a regular SSN attack sub/sub hunter that could carry, say, 2 cruise missiles but no nukes. The Typhoon boomer would then be able to carry nukes only, have slightly reduced attack/defense and move, like, one space slower. Boomers tread lightly and carry a big stick. Although they have torpedoes, this is not their primary mission and will avoid combat as necessary to insure they carry out their primary mission of nuclear deterence.

I think you are right Colonel Kraken, however i don't think it should have reduced defence rating, Boomers are quite capable well protected subs.
The big old soviet SSBN and SSGN submarines can sustain far more serius damage than any SSN submarine

how can you make a submarine carry cruise missiles but not tactical nukes?

For unit stats, I have done the following:

Boomer Sub (Typhoon)
Attack 8, Defense 12, Movement 6
Carries 4 Tactical Missiles, Invisible, Detect Invisible

Fast Attack Sub (Civ III Nuc)
Attack 14, Defense 10, Movement 7
Invisible, Detect Invisible

Modern Diesel Sub (reuses Civ III sub)
Attack 16, Defense 8, Movement 4
Invisible, Detect Invisible

I should mention that all my naval units have had their movements increased, so carriers and battleships move at 8, cruisers at 9, and destroyers at 10.

Originally posted by Scipio Africanu
how can you make a submarine carry cruise missiles but not tactical nukes?

If you have the sub set to carry only tactical missiles and footsoldiers only, cruise missiles as tactical missiles and foot soldiers, and tactical nukes as tactical missiles only - that should do the trick :king:

It really works zulu9812!
Thank you for that information.

The problem now is that AI don`t load cruise missiles
to subs. By the way, have anyone seen AI load tactical nukes
to subs?

I've tried this before, and when I tested it in game, it could load infantry into the submarine.

Originally posted by zulu9812
I forgot to mention - I also made missiles aircraft, and gave nuke subs the 'transport only aircraft ability too'.

Doesn't that mean that your nuke subs (at least AI subs) could be floating around carrying bombers and fighters?

No - because the missiles are flagged as tactical missiles and aircraft, the subs are set to carry tactical missiles only and aircraft only. Thus, the subs can only transport units which are both aircraft AND have the tactical missile flag.

No it doesn`t mean that your nuke subs will float around
with air units.
I have tested what zulu9812 wrote and it works:
You will get a cruise missiles sub only and a tactical nukes
sub only.

One Question, why all the trouble, SSN submarines does allso carry nuclear missile, the Akula submarine carries 12 torpedo lunched Granat (NATO SSN-21 Sampson), all nuclear

"why all the trouble"
Well, I suppose it`s because U.S. SSN:s carries
the Tomahawk missile, which have conventional warheads.

Top Bottom