1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UI DLL/Mod

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Dunkah, Oct 23, 2013.

1. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

I have noticed that Thalassicus has posted a few comments on the mods forum, so I can only surmise that he is also looking at using some or all of it with the CIN part of the mod.

As you can appreciate with so many overlapping files it is next to impossible for bc1 to make it compatible from his end and with other tasks taking up our time at this end, it isn't likely to happen in the near future.:(

I too long for an UI that looks like that and uses all our new stuff.

I guess patience is the call of the day.

2. SgtCiv

SgtCiv Warlord

Thanks for the update ExpiredReign. I understand the need for patience and the amount of work that everyone involved has accomplished in making this MOD is much appreciated.

3. SgtCiv

SgtCiv Warlord

Can anyone tell me how to get this to work with the MOD now. I seen over in the main thread for this that Tomice had got it to work and Thal said he has been using it. I just tried it and everything seemed to work until I tried to research my first Tech and no matter where I tried I couldn't make it work.

4. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

No, you misunderstood me. I had no chance to test it yet! I just thanked them for looking into the issue.

EDIT: I tried using the file Thal attached, but this removes terrain tooltips completely. Tried to find out the reason, but I just don't understand the code...

5. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

I tried using Communitas with the normal version of EUI (not using Thal's fix). The tooltip problems are ugly, but ignoreable.

However, I ran into several other problems. The city state screen got buggy after a while not showing the correct relations (always staying at zero graphically although the game tracked the alliance correctly in the background.
    Also, I was unable to annex a captured enemy city. It never asked me if I want to raze/puppet/annex, the city never produced anything and didn't contribute to unhappiness.

Uninstalling the UI fixed both issues. It's reproduceable after a complete reinstall of Civ.

I really hope there is a wa to fix the compatibility. The old GEM UI was very good as well, but this one is available right now and reminds me painfully of the comfort we previously had (especially trading).

6. SgtCiv

SgtCiv Warlord

ExpiredReign - is there any updates on getting this to work properly with this MOD??
    I can't hardly play with CEP anymore, but at the same time I like a lot of the things bc1 has done also.

Edit = Sorry, I jumped the gun and didn't see the discussion that was already going on about this very topic. So, disregard this post and I'll follow the on going discussion there.

7. bc1

bc1

8. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

I use both CEP and bc1's EUI and the only issue I notice is the Tech Tree doesn't open unless you click the far left Science Icon. I don't even worry about the fix that bc1 has above as I know the work around and it isn't a big deal.

Good job by both projects! :goodjob: