UI size?

contrasupra

Chieftain
This might be a weird question but is anyone noticing that in the Mac port the UI is really really large? I'm playing on a 13" MBP (not recommended I know, but it seems to be running basically fine, if a little sluggish in the late game) and for me the UI is HUGE. The panels take up a ton of screen real estate, especially in the city view. I'm already on the largest resolution allowed (I only get two options for some reason) and UI upscaling is definitely not on. The weird thing though is that previously I was running the game in Bootcamp on the exact same machine and the UI was if anything, excessively tiny and I had to scale it up to see it. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Mac port or the Bootcamp version or just my computer - has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'm playing on a 13" MBP too but I don't seem to have this issue. The UI feels in good proportions to the 'main view'. Can you post a screenshot how it looks for you? Are you using any mods?

I read elsewhere that you are using CQUI. So that's the reason for it. You can get some of that stuff without using that whole mod package (for example the better trade screen and the unit report screen mods) and I think you can disable parts of the mod anyway.

Last edited:
Does CQUI actually make the interface bigger? Or does it just make things seem more cramped on the city screen because it pops out more panels at once?

I don't think it enlarges stuff per se, but as you say, more panels appear. Especially when you click on a city.

I don't think it enlarges stuff per se, but as you say, more panels appear. Especially when you click on a city.
Yeah. I'm just wondering why the panels are so big to begin with, when in Bootcamp on the exact same machine they were nice and small. It seems like some sort of difference between the Mac and PC versions but I don't know what it could be.

You can find it in the Steam Workshop (just search CQUI). But please note that it does not yet appear to have been updated for the new patch, so your game may not even load (much less play correctly) with CQUI enabled.

Top Bottom