1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to run BTS under Civilization 4 Complete, Civ 4 and Warlords work

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Dial A Cow, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Dial A Cow

Dial A Cow Chieftain

Today I installed Civilization 4 Complete on a brand new Windows 7 (Professional, 64 bit version) laptop. I was able to run Civilization 4 and Warlords without issues. When I attempted to start Beyond the Sword or Colonization, I got the following error message:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK the close the application.

I have tried updating my Visual C++ runtimes as well as .NET to the latest versions from Microsoft to date. I am reluctant to update my video drivers because my laptop has switchable graphics and I don't want to break that feature.

I researched this error message and it puzzles me BTS was affected but Civ4 and Warlords were not. Has anyone else run into a similar issue, let alone fixed this?

Thanks

P.S. I noticed the Steam version of Civ 4 Complete was on sale for $7 today. Would installing the steam version make any difference?