unable to play earth maps on C2C v28

Balton

Chieftain
I have v21 installed on my gaming desktop. The game installation for Civ4 plus all the extensions were straight forward. The rig is running 64-bit Win7. On this machine I was able to play an earth map with 28 preset nations.

However, for my gaming LAPTOP (also 64b Win 7), I recently installed civ4 plus all the extensions using kiwitts instructions, i.e. I created a "games" folder under c: then "Civ 4" and installed as per the instructions. So far so good. HR and RI plays are pretty snappy and without any problems. Then I installed C2C v28. Playing the mod OK but I cannot get the Earth-map based scenarios to show up!! I unpacked the zip file directly to the mods folder under bts extension.

I would appreciate if anyone can shed any light into my predicament :cry:

Cheers,

In v28 half (compared to v27) of the earth map scenarios were removed, leaving just 3 of the Giant Earth Map scenarios. This is presumably because they were never updated to use the new resources and such. For example, they still have "gems" on the map, but that is no longer a mined resource but rather one produced from buildings - the map now gets diamonds, sapphires, rubies, etc. on which you build mines.

In fact, those maps had been incorrect like that for a few versions. I converted one (the Earth - 28 Civs 124X68 scenario) for R2R use and R2R uses the v24 assets, but the map was already wrong back then due to having some manufactured resources on the map, and missing several map resources.

I unpacked the zip file directly to the mods folder under bts extension.
Extract them into the 'PrivateMaps' folder of the mod's folder.

...\Mods\[Name of mod folder]\PrivateMaps

That's the folder you should be extracting into...

If not, God-Emperor beat me to the punch.

Thanks for all the feedback. Actually God-Emperor got it right as I have not installed any additional maps.

But if there were, I wouldn't mind at all... :)

cheers all

Top Bottom