Unable to Trade

Dux1

Warlord
So I'm playing a standard game as the Germans, and I come across some a couple of sugar resources. I build plantations on both, which gives me 5 happiness for having at least one kind of a new luxury resource. This is all well and good, but seeing as I have two, I'd like to trade away one of them. For some reason, I cannot.

Regardless of which leader I try to initiate trade with, there is never an option for me to trade sugar, even though I know that I have the resource because it shows up in my happiness breakdown. I have an option to trade whales and pearls, but I don't want to trade either of those because I only have one each. The only difference I can see between my whales/pearls (tradeable) resources and my sugar (non-tradeable) resources is that I got the whales and pearls prior to the release of the last patch, while I just got the sugar today. Did the patch introduce a new bug, or is there some other reason why I can't trade sugar?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

They already have sugar.
If you cannot trade a resource to them it means that they already have it.

It seems strange that every other civ that I've met so far also has access to sugar, but I guess that must be it. Thanks for the hasty response!

Top Bottom