Underwater Level

hugojackson18

Warlord
It would be awesome to have an underwater level. I know this has been a big part of the speculations after the game was announced, and I am still disappointed it's not part of it.

Being able to colonise the oceans, have submarines fight under water, build cities and improvements, and underwater ressources would be awesome.

Please add this!!!

It would be awesome to have an underwater level. I know this has been a big part of the speculations after the game was announced, and I am still disappointed it's not part of it.

Being able to colonise the oceans, have submarines fight under water, build cities and improvements, and underwater ressources would be awesome.

Please add this!!!

Why stop on underwater level, let's have underground level too ! :)

Why stop on underwater level, let's have underground level too ! :)

Perhaps they can be the same level, and the underground area is under the landmasses/coastal terrain. Workers would dig tunnels in order for soldiers to move, and there would be pregenerated massive caves, maybe a hole to the surface for transport too! :D

+1 do want, also a subterranean level like in Heroes of Might and Magic

I don't really know how transport across waters work yet but it would be cool to build tunnels under shallow waters to go from one continent to another quicker!

I don't really know how transport across waters work yet but it would be cool to build tunnels under shallow waters to go from one continent to another quicker!

Most units switch to a boat graphic when embarking on a water hex.

On the subsurface level, I'd like that at the very least for undersea purposes. Parking a couple along trade routes, and when conflict arises... BANG! ... all those precious trade vessels go down to Jones's locker. ;)

I bet the first expansion/DLC for this game will be something like SMACX with the pirate faction and such. Building cities in the water, perhaps underground cities as well. Who knows, these guys who coded the game seem to toss curb balls.. going away from the series treasured traits of the past delving into new and sometimes quite cool areas. :)

I was thinking one way ocean cities could be done (either on the ocean floor or having cities that were essentially large flotillas) is that there are very high value resources like massive seaweed-like-fungus forest that feed off a huge reserve of biomass, bizarre (even for the planet) biomes power by massive geothermal fissures, large float stone islands with there own unique flora and fauna (nothing big enough to be seen on the map as a unit), gargantuan swarms of hive minded jelly fish like creature that feed off skyscraper-like underwater spires of firaxite, and Kraken dens (oil and titanium should be pretty normal though). These high value resource sites are 1)as rare as natural wonders were in CiV 2)can only be discovered with the proper tech (that has a leaf that allows ocean cities to be built) 3)can be improved with one of two improvements one for yielding the maximum strategic resources with very little gained to science, energy, production, and/or culture or an improvement that only yields a couple of strategic resources but a very large science, energy, and/or culture amount.
For example a float stone island can either have a oceanic quarry built on it for 20 float stone/2 science/2 production/1 culture or a floating resort for 2 float stone/6 science/6 energy/12 culture/4 food. Another example a biomass fungal-sea-forest can have a derrick placed on it for 20 biomass/2 science/1 culture/2 food or a 'research center' for 2 biomass/12 science/4 culture/10 food.
So going to the oceans is more about obtain particularly valuable resources or a strategic positions than just settling the ocean for the sake of settling the oceans.

For an aquatic specialized sponsor I thinking an unified Bajau people that numbers swelled with refuges during the Great Mistake and became a minor power and has an expedition that shows up last instead of first or some other factor crowding them back into the sea.

Top Bottom