UnDomination

wioneo

King
Does anyone know how to stop from winning a domination victory I had eliminatd all but two civs(on different continents) and was over three times the score of my closest competitor. I had just entered the industrial era(they had just gotten caravels) I was on a beeline to rocketry and sealing off the coasts of my continent, and when I used a GA to create a great work I get, "Wioneo has won a domination victory." I didn't want a domination victory! I wanted a Space Race... So I guess that I'll just save one of the auto saves and try again, but does anyone know a way to stop a domination victory for say... 50 turns? This was my first domination, but I wanted to get back a Ghandi(who is dead) for all of his frikken Space Races.

A domination victory occurs from having a certian percentage of Total Population, and Total Land.

To lower your population total you could starve some cities, whip, and i think drafting will decrease population. Or to decrease total land and total population, you could gift a city to one of your enemies. I can't think of anything else of the top of my head.

I would never give a grain of sand on my continent to either of those peons! I'll just accept my victory, and try to let more civs live in the future...

Go back early enough that your population is less than the required for Domination, and Turn Off Growth for all cities.

I was already over the population thing, the problem was land, and I don't think that you can stop cultural expansion...

perhaps you can try not making a great work? that greatly increase your culture and thus expand your land. and of course, you can go slavery and start whipping! you get production out of those pop and u can bring ur pop back down!

I'm not worried about the population, the land is the problem. I was looking for a way to stop culture growth.

This is really the sort of thing you have to see coming in order to stop. Take a look through the GOTM 02 and 03 threads to get some details from people who "milked" the game (doing essentially what you're trying to do). They planned it all in advance. They didn't build cultural buildings in outlying cities. They didn't build (or conquer) the sistine chapel. And, most importantly, they stopped their expansion well short of the domination limit to allow for error.

While it looks like you can't salvage this game, the true answer is: turn off Domination as a victory condition when you start the game. That way you can't do it accidentally.

Just give away cities until you are safely below domination margin.

? Oh, for future reference. I only capture capitols, holy cities, and wonders that I can see. By the way, if you raze a holy city, does the religion disappear? and will an A.I. raze a holy city?

Sounds to me like you need to up the difficulty a notch, or two.

That would be my suggestion for making domination harder to acheive considering the information in your OP.

I usually never go over the "Normal" level in games... but then again, I've never played a game like this.

What difficulty are you playing on

Top Bottom