Unique Civ-Specific Great People Names

Mowque: Where exactly is this? I'm not sure I know what you mean...

I've had a request from Grave to compile names for great doctors and statesmen, which are included in his new mod. This got me thinking, would it be a good idea to use those mods in RFC also? Not sure if this has already been proposed before, but it was just a thought.

Yeah, I've seen this before. It was one of the very first posts I looked up back in July of '06 before I set out to make this mod.
It was one of the threads I was referring to when I said:
I’ve also seen other people complain about this in different threads, but I have yet to find anyone who has actually done much about it.

But I never really thought that post #7 would happen--how could it? :lol: Very funny.

I've had a request from Grave to compile names for great doctors and statesmen, which are included in his new mod. This got me thinking, would it be a good idea to use those mods in RFC also? Not sure if this has already been proposed before, but it was just a thought.

Vishaing is probably the one to ask. He's experimenting with lots of mod components in RFC Expanded.

So is this adaptation for RFC dead or what? I really would like to see CSGP implemented in as many places as possible -- maybe it will convince Firaxis to include it in future Civs.

I think after the Einstein controversy, nobody wanted it in. :D
Ironically, the debate has now resurfaced on my original thread... :crazyeye:

I'm still willing to adapt it for BtS if Rhye wants to put it in. I have all but the HRE and Khmer names done.

Oh, and yes I might relent and make Einstein a German if that's still causing problems... :mischief: But I suppose Rhye can reorganize the names anyway as it's his mod.

I think after the Einstein controversy, nobody wanted it in. :D
Ironically, the debate has now resurfaced on my original thread... :crazyeye:

I'm still willing to adapt it for BtS if Rhye wants to put it in. I have all but the HRE and Khmer names done.

There is no HRE in RFC... :goodjob:

I would like to see this included in the mod. It adds much more authenticity when playing, when you get a civ specific GP.

Could it be added as an optional mod component.

Yeah, I'm tired to see Plato borning in Tokyo... :crazyeye:

It's too late to do it for the official BTS release; however, I can do it for a patch after it comes out. The mod only involves XML changes and one small SDK tweak, but someone will have to compile it as I currently don't have the program.

It's too late to do it for the official BTS release; however, I can do it for a patch after it comes out. The mod only involves XML changes and one small SDK tweak, but someone will have to compile it as I currently don't have the program.

Vishaing. :) :)

Please add this as a mod component once BTS is released.

i agree
(10 chars)

or that he doesn't want another project... has anyone asked him point-blank?

Top Bottom