1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Civ-Specific Great People Names

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by garrinchaya, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

At this point, I don't expect Rhye to include it in the official BtS release. It's just too close. However, once the game actually comes out I can set up a mini-patch downloadable from here that you can use.

2. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

That would be great. Thanks.:goodjob:

3. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

I am also trying to convert the existing GP mod to Python, rather than XML, so as to make everything much cleaner. This may mean the SDK modification would no longer be necessary.

4. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

Okay, I have completed the preliminary Python version of this modcomp, using TheLopez's No Name Renamer mod as a base. This means you don't need 120 extra UU's for each Civ's great people. :D

The only problem is that it currently does not display the unique name in the event log, so you will get a message saying "Great Scientist has been born in Berlin!" instead of "Albert Einstein has been born..." for example. However, you still see the actual name of the person when you look at the unit.

If anybody knows how to change this, I'd be much obliged. :)

5. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

6. Whitefire

Whitefire Chieftain

Tch, some of us modded the game weeks ago but are waiting for the US street date =P.

EDIT: When are you going to incorporate this? Whenever you do, I would love a generic template so we can incorporate it into RFC Europe.

7. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

Yes, but as with the scientific community, who published first? ;) :D

I could have the basic framework for you tomorrow if I knew how to fix a small issue in the Python renaming system I have.

(See posts 39 and 40.)
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224038

8. kravixon

kravixon Chieftain

I really like the sound of this modcomp... can it be resurrected?