Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Camel Archer 33
Chu-Ko-Nu 36
Impi 15
Keshik 38 Gotta love the movement speed.
Longbowman 39 Great unit, but really frustrating to use in rough terrain, as often you can't get the 3'rd range to go over hills/forests

Getting close now...

Interesting Impi makes it this far. Shows you only need a changed upgrade path, 3 additional powerful promo's, increased experience gain, and a two-tier attack to make a melee unit competitive against ranged :lol:

Keshik It requires promos to be good, and this vote is based on the unit itself, before earned promos.

In the case of the Keshik you should consider the promotions because of the 'Quick Study' ability of the unit, it gains 50% more XP from battles. Otherwise you are ignoring one of it's advantages.

At this point, there's a group of people that love the longbow, a group that stands behind Keshiks and one that vouches for the Chu-Ko-Nu.

This will be interesting, but I think while these factions fight it out the camel archer might slip beneath unnoticed

Camel Archer 30 = 33 - 3
Chu-Ko-Nu 36
Impi 15
Keshik 38
Longbowman 40 = 39 + 1

The horse units may be better in their specific time frame but they upgrade to cavalry and other lame units correct? Longbowman and Chus are valuable at least up until bombers. Then it's a question of range vs. double hit. Range lets you win with no casualties.

Keshiks and Camels getting raped right now. Some people are just soulless.
'soulless' isn't the word I would use :stupid:

The horse units may be better in their specific time frame but they upgrade to cavalry and other lame units correct? Longbowman and Chus are valuable at least up until bombers. Then it's a question of range vs. double hit. Range lets you win with no casualties.
It depends if you upgrade them, It is more effective to build new units. Personally I find the Keshik (and presumably Camel Archer) remain effective even in the Artillery phase of the game and can gradually be replaced by new units. I don't have gold issues with having a large army by this point either.

I wish the static defence players would stop assuming that the Mounted Ranged units will let you shoot them, they can also have 3 range and 2 shots. Keshiks especially will get these very quickly especially if they have been upgraded from Chariot Archers which will already have 2 promotions from barb hunting!

Camel Archer 30
Chu-Ko-Nu 36
Impi 15
Keshik 38+1= 39 Look Below
Longbowman 40-3= 37 Longbows are great however, Chus upgrade fast and you will have the extra range fairly quick. Now as greygamer has stated above, Camels and Keshiks can potentially become fast moving Chus and Longbows put into one, more so the Keshik with its 50% xp. Keshiks especially in Khans hands can completely cause mass genocide in forests, jungles, hills, plains, grasslands, deserts, marshes, tundra, snow, rain, and sleet. Basically every terrain (except for ice and mountain) to the point that you have to stop cause there is no one else to obliterate. What I am trying to say is that Keshiks are like Longbows, Chus and Camels all put in to one crazy unit that it gets to the piont that it is unfair. To those who say that the upgrade path is bad; You still get to keep march, double attack and cover promotions after just annihilating all enemies in a 360 degree radius. Now thats a generous deal!!! Just something to think about.

Yes, they keep cover promo and I'm 95% sure that they keep open terrain/rough terrain bonuses. If you upgrade and hover over an enemy, it still adds the combat bonuses from accuracy/barrage even though they are using melee attacks. logistics I don't think does (melee version is blitz) but I could very well be wrong. +1 range is obviously useless.

Camel Archer 27
Chu-Ko-Nu 36
Impi 16
Keshik 39
Longbowman 37

it's come to a point where choosing is very difficult. I think the top 3 will be Keshik, Longbowman and Chu-Ko-Nu, so for now I have voted up the Impi and down the camel archer.

The Impi may be melee, but this is a great example of how melee should be done, they can cause real trouble.

Camel Archer is so strong, but it seems just a little behind the others.

Camel Archer 27
Chu-Ko-Nu 37
Impi 16
Keshik 39
Longbowman 34

If i warmonger a lot (which i should, because you know, i'm playing China after all) i can easily get CKN's to +1 range before gatlings, fairly quickly. I can get even normal cb barely to +1 range before gatlings, you just need pretty big war and a lot of targets for that to happen. You can start prebuilding some promotions by barb hunting with archer and/or warring some early war with comb bows. Yes, it's Chu's problem that it can't double attack after moving, unless on road, but longbows aren't perfect either. Add some forested hills on the way and so much for that extra range, even if you camp them on hills, longbows are most effective on flat ground. As for city sieges, injured CKN can actually still shoot once, and then swap places with other one (can move after attacking, you see), while normal cb would have to just leave.

They are both fantastic units, but i slightly prefer CKN ( it might be just because i've played china more than england, though).

Camel Archer 27
Chu-Ko-Nu 37
Impi 16
Keshik 36 Bad upgrade path is a big hit against this
Longbowman 35 3 range artillery blah blah blah

Getting close now...

Interesting Impi makes it this far. Shows you only need a changed upgrade path, 3 additional powerful promo's, increased experience gain, and a two-tier attack to make a melee unit competitive against ranged :lol:

The get exp for both attacks and need less exp to level up with Shaka's UA. They can be supersoldiers really fast. Only drawback is that the buffalo promos don't unlock the later promotions. It's not so bad though, shock and the buffalo promos stack pretty well.

Camel Archer 27
Chu-Ko-Nu 37
Impi 16
Keshik 33 camels I believe are better for longer
Longbowman 36 agree for long hall chu are better exp getting however when you are 3-4 turns from mach and want some instant upgradable +1 Range machineguns win win

Camel Archer 24 -3 I would rather face these than Impi
Chu-Ko-Nu 37
Impi 17 +1 I encountered these for the first time today and they made things very difficult indeed, they still deserve to be in the mix
Keshik 33
Longbowman 36

Camel Archer 24
Chu-Ko-Nu 38
Impi 14
Keshik 34 Just simply the best unit in-game. A true beast.
Longbowman 33 I have played a couple of english games, and I have to say that the longbowman is too overrated. When you are warring, there will always be many forests and hills, so you can usually use the extra range in like 50% of attacks. The reason why they are still here is probably because they upgrade to 2 range gatlings. But the problem is that when you get gatlings, you should be warring with your SotL or using 3-range artillery. So that's why the longbow is inferior to all other units. (copied from my older post)

Camel Archer 24
Chu-Ko-Nu 38
Impi 15
Keshik 34
Longbowman 30

This is really hard right now. All of these units are incredible. Impi get a boost because they're so incredibly synergistic with their civ. Double experience + less exp required + the ikanda + half maintenence = madness. These guys are probably the most fun units in the game, and they give the player a legit reason to choose honor.

I love longbowmen, but sight is an issue and they aren't synergistic at all with the rest of England's abilities and units.

Camel Archer 24
Chu-Ko-Nu 38
Impi 12 I love these guys but they are just pikemen and I think rifling is a pretty long time to wait around with 16 str. The buffalo promotions are what really makes this unit good and that comes from the UB. Try rushing steel and cranking out some longswords with them, suddenly the impi isn't as great...that and I already believe the other 4 are my top 4, I can't in good conscience vote any of them down until this guy's gone
Keshik 34
Longbowman 31 obstructions are only occasionally a problem, the AI clearcuts most of their territory. Being able to promote to 2 range gats is pretty important for me too.

Top Bottom