Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Camel Archer 37
Cho-Ku-Nu 45
Impi 37
Janissary 12
Keshik 40+1= 41 will just destroy every and anything until there is nothing left
Longbowmen 42
Pathfinder 2-3= i might as well do it. BYE

Camel Archer 37
Cho-Ku-Nu 45
Impi 37
Janissary 12-3=9 Not a bad unit but we're down to the best of the best here (or at least the most popular) and these guys draw the shortest straw.
Keshik 41+1= 42 Might not be stronger than their Arabian counterparts but they're certainly harder, better and faster. The speed and more importantly the extra XP gained from battles just make these monstrous. The fact that they synergize so well with the Khans, and get you more of them faster is just icing on the already sickeningly rich cake.
Longbowmen 42

Hmm, how are we defining the Impi here, and how much do you want to put the Ikanda/Zulu UA in this conversation? If we're defining the Impi with 3 Buffalo chest promotions with an exp bonus from the Zulu UA, these things can stand toe to toe with any of these other units if you have enough of them. If we're defining it as an Impi as an Impi a city state would give you, then it's good, but probably worse than some of the units that have been eliminated.

I generally sort these on some sort of hybrid system that takes the Ikanda in to account, but recognizes that the Ikanda isn't always in the Impi. After the Janissary is gone, it's going to be a hard decision when to eliminate the Impi because of the differences between an Ikanda Impi and a regular Impi.

Ya but there's a similar argument for keshiks (+1 mounted movement) and CKN's (15% from GG and extra citadels) too. I figure as long as people are consistent when making their choices then either way is fine.

Ya but there's a similar argument for keshiks (+1 mounted movement) and CKN's (15% from GG and extra citadels) too. I figure as long as people are consistent when making their choices then either way is fine.

Just out of interest do the CS Keshiks only have 4 movement then? I have never been gifted one that I remember.

Just out of interest do the CS Keshiks only have 4 movement then? I have never been gifted one that I remember.

Dunno, I checked the civilopedia and it said the UA gave +1 movement to all mounted, but that keshiks have 5 movement. They can't move 6, so I don't know what's happened there, I've never got one from a CS, so dunno what would happen in that case.

Camel Archer 38 - Powerful unit, that will be more effective immediately, not after logistics like Keshik.
Cho-Ku-Nu 45
Impi 37
Janissary 6 - Great unit, but now that this and impi are only melee units left, and since all 4 ranged units are likely to be on top, only one melee is allowed to top 5. I'll take Impi rather than Janissary (counting Ikanda bonuses). Impi's extra movement, range defense, and flanking bonuses give it change to fight toe-to-toe with pretty much any unit. Janissary has 25% attack boost and heals when kills enemy, but neither of those will help if put to fight against some of the 4 ranged units, while Impi could actually catch Camel or even Keshik with extra movement.
Keshik 42
Longbowmen 42

Hmm, how are we defining the Impi here, and how much do you want to put the Ikanda/Zulu UA in this conversation? If we're defining the Impi with 3 Buffalo chest promotions with an exp bonus from the Zulu UA, these things can stand toe to toe with any of these other units if you have enough of them. If we're defining it as an Impi as an Impi a city state would give you, then it's good, but probably worse than some of the units that have been eliminated.

I generally sort these on some sort of hybrid system that takes the Ikanda in to account, but recognizes that the Ikanda isn't always in the Impi. After the Janissary is gone, it's going to be a hard decision when to eliminate the Impi because of the differences between an Ikanda Impi and a regular Impi.

I really tried to avoid bringing in the rest of a civ's traits as long as I could but the bazaar and stronger ggs always kept coming up in defense of CAs and CKNs. I guess it has to come down to needing to take that stuff into consideration. I think with the Impis it's the tech since they're right on the way to education and the upgrade path was fixed so they're not stuck becoming useless lancers. The buffalo promotions sure are nice too.

Camel Archer 38
Cho-Ku-Nu 45
Impi 37
Janissary 3 I like these guys but I'm enjoying the impi even more.
Keshik 42
Longbowmen 43 Almost feels like cheating sometimes.

The Caroleans are dead?! No! It can't be!

Camel Archer 38
Cho-Ku-Nu 46
Impi 37
Janissary 0 Revenge! Die!
Keshik 42
Longbowmen 43

Camel Archer 38
Cho-Ku-Nu 46
Impi 31 Obviously an amazing unit, but this is so obviously a tier below what we have left.
Keshik 43
Longbowmen 44 Still think this is the best. 3 range, even with terrain obstacles, is still a ridiculous bonus.

Camel Archer 35 Don't get me wrong, its a great unit, but Arabia doesn't seem the 'warmonger' civ to me, and risking that status seems to be silly for a trading civ like them.
Cho-Ku-Nu 46
Impi 31
Keshik 43
Longbowmen 45 Again, don't screw with these guys, they'll wreck your cities and you won't even be able to fight back.

It is interesting to see all those votes that favour a slow ranged unit over a fast one
Camel Archer 32 -3 the slower of the two mounted ranged units and slow is weak in my games
Cho-Ku-Nu 46
Impi 31
Keshik 44 +1 I get use out of these until the Modern Era and you don't need many either
Longbowmen 45

Camel Archer 32 -
Cho-Ku-Nu 46
Impi 28 -3 - The last non ranged unit, also I do not like that they cannot have march after 3bull
Keshik 45 +1 - Extra good if you might play marathon..
Longbowmen 45

...maybe nerf ranged a bit?...

Camel Archer 32
Cho-Ku-Nu 46
Impi 25
Keshik 45
Longbowmen 46

Sadly ranged units just have more power than melee, so voting down the Impi.

Longbowmen up because they are also extremely useful on island maps.

Camel Archer 32
Cho-Ku-Nu 43 - I love them, but if you get Archipelago you wish they were Longbows
Impi 25
Keshik 45
Longbowmen 47 - artillery b*itch!

6. Janissary
7. Pathfinder
8. Carolean
9. Siege Tower
10. Ship of the Line
11. Sea Beggar
12. Naresuan's Elephant
13. Cossack
14. Winged Hussar
15. Jaguar
16. B17
17. Minuteman
18. Horse Archer
19. Hussar
20. Berber Cavalry
21. Immortal
22. Conquistador
23. Tercio
24. Hwacha
25. Battering Ram
26. Companion Cavalry
27. Pictish Warrior
28. Legion
29. Mohawk Warrior
30- Berserker
31. A. F. Elephant
32. Musketeer
33. Sipahi
34. Nau
35. Norwegian Ski Infantry
36. Turtle Ship
37. War elephant
38. Cataphract
39. Dromon
40. Samurai
41. Panzer
42. Mandekalu Cavalry
43. Mehal Sefari
44. Great Galleass
45. Comanche rider
46. Kris swordsman
47. Ballista
48. Hoplite
49, Bowmen
50. Hakkas
51. Pracinha
52. Maori Warrior
53. Slinger
54. Atlatlist
55. Quinquereme
56. Landsknecht
57. Zero
58. War Chariot

Best Plane- B17
Best Siege Unit- Siege Tower
Best Ranged Ship- Ship of the Line
Best Melee ship- Sea Beggar
Best Melee Mounted Unit- Naresuan's Elephant
Best Ranged Mounted Unit-
Best Melee Unit- Impi
Best Archery Unit-
Best Land Unit
Best Naval Unit- Ship of the Line

Best Ancient- Pathfinder
Best Classical- Siege Tower
Best Medieval- 5
Best Renaissance- Janissary
Best Industrial- Carolean
Best Atomic- B17

(Modern not included because Pracinhas are the only UU in the modern era)

Worst Plane- Zero
Worst Siege Unit- Ballistae
Worst Ranged Ship- Great Galleass
Worst Melee Ship- Quinquereme
Worst Melee Mounted- Hakkapellita
Worst Ranged Mounted- War Chariot
Worst Melee Unit- Landsknecht (Maori Warrior)
Worst Archery Unit- Atlatlist

Worst Ancient- War Chariot
Worst Classical- Ballistae
Worst Medieval- Landsknecht (
Worst Renaissance- Hakkapellita
Worst Industrial- Comanche Rider
Worst Atomic- Zero

Camel Archer33 + this units destroys everything and is uncounted able by anything in its era
Cho-Ku-Nu 43
Impi 25
Keshik42 - this unit is just too much weaker than the Camel archer to compete. I've had a war with camels v keshiks, and camels had a clear advantage
Longbowmen 47

Top Bottom