Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by BasedGod, Sep 11, 2013.

1. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Camel Archer - 33 + 1 = 34 - What's not to like about the Camel Archer? Makes the Knight a useful unit, will let you kill everything, and can be used for offense or defense.
    Cho-Ku-Nu 43
    Impi 25
    Keshik 42 - 3 =39 - Keshiks are good, but Camel Archers are better.
    Longbowmen 47

2. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

Against the AI or Human? If the Human player played smart you wouldn't get an opportunity to hit the Keshik? Either of these units will trounce the AI

3. vibe96

vibe96 Warlord

Camel Archer 34
    Cho-Ku-Nu 43
    Impi 25
    Keshik 40 My first and only deity victory
    Longbowmen 44 As I pointed out earlier, the +1 range sounds a lot better than it actually is. Have you guye ever played with them or are you rating the gatlings (they are outclassed quickly by planes and even artillery in some point

4. ense7en

ense7en n7

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 43
    Impi 25
    Keshik 40
    Longbowmen 41

Camel Archers may not have a good upgrade path, but you can often clean up the world with them before you need to upgrade them.

Longbowmen are more frustrating that anything usually, since hills are forests and jungles love to get in the way, making their extended range useless.

5. VicRatlhead5199

VicRatlhead5199 King

Or buff mounted since I think they're meant to counter ranged units. They just fail miserably though.

I think they ought to give ranged units a penalty vs cities like mounted units have, then they would be more antipersonnel than siege. You can easily get away without building a single siege unit until cannons the way it is now. Sieges may take a turn or two longer with comp/crossbows but they have a lot more utility since they're better against units and don't have to set up.

Wonder how long the Impi can fly under the radar while people fight over which ranged unit is best :mischief:

6. Frossa

Frossa Prince

Umm... then just don't pick Archipelago as China? That hardly classifies for a legitimate reason to downvote them. Same goes for Longbowmen; If you get Arborea you wish they were Cho-Ku-Nu.

7. VibrantZulu

VibrantZulu Chieftain

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 43
    Impi 22
    Keshik 40
    Longbowmen 42

Even more so since the bazooka addition in BNW, Longbowmen have an advantage lasting the entire game, and give you the edge early on when taking cities. Chu-Ko-Nu are still vulnerable to considerable damage from ranged garrisons, and you can't fit as many of them around a tough city. I always stopped using ranged units past the crossbowman because of the decrease in range.

Impi are great units, but aren't as powerful as the others despite the promotions.

8. Jernfrau

Jernfrau Chieftain

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 40 - As vulnerable as any other unit, and you can't cram as many around a city as you can with longbowmen
    Impi 23 - Ranged/Melee unit that can rape an entire enemy army, yes please
    Keshik 40
    Longbowmen 42

9. brevno12

brevno12 Chieftain

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 40
    Impi 23
    Longbowmen 40 Amazing ability but no way is better then keshik or chokunu.
    Keshik 42 They get exp faster and thus can faster get 1 additional attack and range

10. Gordon Brittas

Gordon Brittas Blackadder's Half Brother

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 37 Sorry, not in the same league as longbows.
    Impi 23
    Keshik 41
    Longbowmen 40 Extra range that carries over.

Keshik got 2 points previously, and longbows only downed 2. Fixed

11. Teagen

Teagen Warlord

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 38
    Impi 20
    Keshik 41
    Longbowmen 40

I think I'm like an hour early, but I have to leave for the rest of the day.

Impi isn't really on the same level as the rest. Mostly because it's melee, but also it's a pikeman unit.

12. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 38
    Impi 17 In the open field, I actually think these guys can probably hold off and maybe beat these other ranged units with the Ikanda/Zulu UA. They get 3 movement and a -30% damage from ranged units before their normal promotions, so they are really good at picking off these guys. I'm still voting them down though because they are easier to lose than these other units, and probably not as effective at conquering. I have had success against a medieval emperor Arabia using these guys though, and even with the computer AI being as it is, I think these are one of the only units that can hold their own against ranged units in this time period.
    Keshik 41
    Longbowmen 41 3 range is 3 range. Park them on hills and watch them crush everything the enemy throws at you, and then pick off the cities. These guys gain exp almost as fast as the Cho-Ku-Nu's because they get to fire almost every turn, while the other guys only get use of their ability if they are in a position to fire twice at the start of a turn. Considering you can safely bombard cities with longbows, these guys are awesome!

13. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu 38
    Impi 17 (or 14? Or 19? The vote above kinda confuses me, none of the values is like in the previous posts)
    Keshik 42

Longbowmen 40 (or 41, or 46)

+1 Keshik. I've played with it again, and it turns out it's much better than I remembered. In fact, it's the best. This unit really deserves to win the game. So easy to level it up, and it's made even stronger thanks to the Khan, which can keep up with it. It may have less strength than the Knight, but nothing can really reach it, so it doesn't matter.

-3 goes to the Impi. It's great and saves you off the Dark Path (Lancer into Anti-Tank Gun), but I don't think it's better than any of the others.

14. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

whoops, my mistake. It should be 14 for the Impi after your vote. Longbows should be 41. I must have copied the wrong stats before voting.

15. gashad

gashad Chieftain

Camel Archer 35
    Cho-Ku-Nu +39
    Impi 14
    Keshik -39
    Longbowmen 40

Cho Ku Nus-extreamly powerfull-upgrade well and level quickly

Still maintain that keshiks and camel archers upgrade too poorly to be worthy of best unit.

16. Nickbonista

Nickbonista Chieftain

Camel Archer 32 Played with them online, the less movement compared to Keshik makes a difference
    Chu-Ko-Nu 39
    Impi 15 Infantry win you the game, and these can be spammed early and the promotions carry over, need I say more?
    Keshik 39
    Longbowman 40

17. Teagen

Teagen Warlord

Shouldn't Chu's be 41?

18. jlim201

jlim201 King

Camel Archer 33- Strength helps you more from the beginning, and not have to wait for promos.
    Chu-Ko-Nu 39
    Impi 15
    Keshik 36- It requires promos to be good, and this vote is based on the unit itself, before earned promos.
    Longbowman 40

19. sendos

sendos Immortal

Camel Archer 33-
    Chu-Ko-Nu 36 I don't understand why the Chu-Ko-Nu has a different kind of double attack promotion (with yellow up arrow symbol) rather than the 2 swords symbol. I think this is the next worst unit.
    Impi 15
    Keshik 36-
    Longbowman 41 - range carries over when unit is upgraded. The English can then field a army consisting of infantry in the first battleline, machine gunners/rocket launchers in the second battleline and artillery in the third and even fourth battleline if some of them have +1 range. It's all a matter of keeping them alive.

20. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Camel Archer 33
    Chu-Ko-Nu 36
    Impi 15
    Keshik 36
    Longbowman 42

Correcting for my vote mistake earlier.