Unique Unit Help

Jay Dogg

Chieftain
Looking for help replacing a Horseman with a Unique Unit (in my Mod called "Crazy Horse"). I'm new to modding and followed the popular youtube video for creating my own Civ by Josh Atkins so most of my Mod is derived from that.

I've looked over my code for many hours and have tried different things from looking online at others and scanning the files of other Mods out there. I just can't find where I went wrong. The mod works fine except for the Unique Unit. It loads up an icon of the unit (just the regular horseman icon) and the description of it in the select civ screen, but once the game begins, I don't see my Unit on the Tech Tree...and when I play through, I just get the regular Horseman Unit.

I appreciate any help you can offer. I made this Mod for my 7 year old who watches me play so I made one with him as the ruler of his own Civ and am trying to make it really unbalanced in his favor.

Attachments

• Johns_Unique_Units.xml
    1.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Joshs_Template_Config (SQL).docx
    3.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Joshs_Template_GameDefines (SQL).docx
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Joshs_Template_GameText.xml
    18.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Joshs_Template_Icons.xml
    2.4 KB · Views: 18
I got it to work. I checked my debug logs and i was getting an "[Gameplay] ERROR: near "(": syntax error" message. I figured out that in my GameDefines.sql under my Civilization traits, I had put a semi colon after my building values instead of a comma.

I knew it was going to be something easy....just wish I hadn't needed 20 hours of sifting through code to find it.....but I did. I can now sleep.

Thanks if anyone has been going over my code to help. I was going insane here.

Top Bottom