• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Unit Experience

banana man

Chieftain
Hi,

I want to build west point but i dont think i have a unit with experience 5. How can i tell its experience? Some of them have say 10/17 but i dont know what that means. This is a real pain, i might have to start a war just to get a unit with the experience :mad:

Thanks

The 10 is their amount of experience, the 17 is the number the need to reach to get the next upgrade. So if it is 10/17, the unit has 10 experience and needs 7 more until he can upgrade.

Any idea's why it wont let me build it then? It is saying i need a unit of level 5 experience even though i have some at 10/17 already in the city.

Level 5. Not 5 experience.

Check the level which I think is displayed above the unit's experience counter. The units don't have to be in the city to build it.

i might have to start a war just to get a unit with the experience :mad:

To add to what Starkow has already said, if you have Beyond the Sword, then you can use a Privateer to get a sufficiently experienced unit without having to resort to war. You can refer to this as "Pulling a KMad."

In the lower left corner of the screen where a selected unit is displayed with its characteristics, the item on the bottom is the level. A unit with zero experience is level 1.

BTW, a unit with 27/2 experience (27 XP but no promotions taken) is also a level 1 -- you need to take a promotion to increase in level.

Top Bottom