Unit ideas

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by thegingerninja, Dec 6, 2012.

1. thegingerninja

thegingerninja Warlord

I was looking through other threads and suddenly i thought Flamethrowers. An infantry unit that uses 1 oil and is great against infantry but rubbish against armor. And maybe rubbish against bombardments (weak against the actual bombardments, not the bombardment unit which it could destroy easily):p

2. mintcandy

mintcandy King

Flamethrower equipped infantry were never especially prevalent, even at the height of their use.

It's really difficult to make such specialized land units like flamethrowers be useful without being gamebreaking. A similar argument can be made for snipers, which have been around for far longer than flamethrowers. How can you make a Sniper unit that fills a unique and worthwhile battlefield role without making them overpowered?

3. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

England Longbowman with +1 range or Rocket Artillery with +1 range.

4. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Flamethrowers are already in game./ [No seriously check those Dromons out]

5. thegingerninja

thegingerninja Warlord

I also thought about snipers. Again, maybe a unit that is powerful against infantry and rubbish against armor. The sniper could have really low melee strength and 2/3 range. The flamethrower could have good melee strength and could be melee or ranged. Haven't decided yet. Could be 1 tile range like gatling/machine guns but it would be way more realistic!:)

6. thegingerninja

thegingerninja Warlord

For an upgrade for machine guns you could have a sort of ranged mech infantry. A sort of fast moving/mobile machine gun. Or a light tank:crazyeye:

7. thegingerninja

thegingerninja Warlord

I also thought that every 'thing' i.e. production culture gold science faith and units has a great person except food. Great Farmer? :crazyeye:

8. thegingerninja

thegingerninja Warlord

Can an administrator move this and its building counterpart to the ideas and suggestions please? :goodjob: