Unit Request Thread 3

i used several units that u give me links alredy i need new ones thats why i posted lookings for request thread cuz i dont have skill to do by myself and i cant download that viking boat from civ1994 base

Can someone make some civ specific (Euro, Asian, brown and black) Enslaver units with a whip? I borrowed from CCM, the ideas of auto produced workers, so Enslaver units are important for capturing bonus workers. Like CCM I am currently using the PTW Carthagian King unit Hannibal for the Enslaver, and I added a whip sound.

Hey guys, I really want these two industrial age unique units made, if someone could tackle this. I think these are both super cool and super interesting.

The first is the Zamburak, a camel-mounted gatling gun as an Industrial Age unique unit for Persia and/or Arabia. Yes, this thing actually existed. Originally, Persian Safavid warriors would mount crossbows on camels, then light cannons. After 1850, they began mounting gatling guns on camels as well.

The second is the Venezuelan Tortuga Tank. It was never used, and was built in 1934 for the purpose of intimidating Colombia, during a time of high tensions between those two countries. Technically, it was Venezuela's first tank, but it was really just a steel shell built around a Ford truck.

Hello guys. Can someone anti-missile flares? I plan to use it as a weak, intercepting 1/1 air unit with no run animation and the flares as death animation.

The point is to simulate a defense mechanism against missiles. I want it to always lose, but spare a unit from what it would have surely been a deadly bombardment in my mod.

http://imghumour.com/categories/planes/view/anti-missile-flares

It should be simple I think. All I'm interested is the bright lights and the smoke.

Edit:

What I mean is a stationary animated unit in which you can see flares being fired from a point of origin. Something that would intercept an aerial bombardment to just die but spare a jet, tank, naval ship, etc.

Laurana Kanan that is exactly what I was referring to, but without the plane. Excellent! Now if it was the flares only it would have been useful. I'm not an animator in any way, but what I can do is slowly delete every plane drawing from every FLC. In this case however it seems the plane and the flares overlap at some point, and the flares become masked by the plane, which means I'd have to somehow finish the animation.

That's where I become obsolete lol. I merely copy and paste stuff, but not create any kind of animations.

Am I right or wrong? What would you suggest?

@Aethelend: have you seen the Da Vinci tank unit?

Laurana Kanan that is exactly what I was referring to, but without the plane. Excellent! Now if it was the flares only it would have been useful. I'm not an animator in any way, but what I can do is slowly delete every plane drawing from every FLC. In this case however it seems the plane and the flares overlap at some point, and the flares become masked by the plane, which means I'd have to somehow finish the animation.

That's where I become obsolete lol. I merely copy and paste stuff, but not create any kind of animations.

Am I right or wrong? What would you suggest?

You would have to delete the plane's shadow too. Do you need the animation to play in every direction? Maybe it could work with only one direction, like many other anims. If it does, you can work on one direction and paste it upon every other direction.

ZergMazter - I was just thinking of the C-130 as a placeholder, but as T-Mun suggested, you could do one direction and then paste it into every other direction. Or, in PS, I guess you could keep rotating each frame 45° from the completed direction and paste it into every other direction. Another thought I had would be to use something like Pounder's Flak animation instead:
Spoiler :

Hello civ community. I have made personal requests to two veteran unit designers but they have too much work as it is. If anyone has an interest, I have a list of units I’d like someone to work on. I will provide function descriptions in case you think the unit has no purpose. All the unit place holders work. The AI doesn’t like some of them but they are intended for multiplayer games anyway.

Elephant worker (full working range)

Shire horse worker (full working range)

Freight train for transporting tanks (engine and carriage together)
6 Moves, Immobile, Rebase, 2 Opp range (station to station in other words)

An atoll airport/naval base in the style that is under construction in the South China Sea (movement graphic as tug and barge)
1 Move, No Go button, Load Aircraft (click move in stack to tow the unit using any ship)

I have many more but these 4 are needed. I have substitutes for the others.
Thank you all and keep moding.

Hello civ community. I have made personal requests to two veteran unit designers but they have too much work as it is. If anyone has an interest, I have a list of units I’d like someone to work on. I will provide function descriptions in case you think the unit has no purpose. All the unit place holders work. The AI doesn’t like some of them but they are intended for multiplayer games anyway.

Elephant worker (full working range)

I use H Balck's Aethopian Elephant for this: although not as "graphically explicit" viz. Worker jobs, the Attack1, Attack2, Wait1 & Wait2 .flcs can readily be assigned different tasks.

-Oz

I am creating a huge compilation of units for a scenario I'm working on, and planning on releasing soon as testing is completed. It contains about 150 units downloaded from this site, spanning from ancient to future (mostly in modern times). However, I am not finding the one cherry to the shake that I so desperately need.

I am looking to complete the infantry line with a Mobile Infantry unit, similar to Starship Troopers (the novel version, not the movie version). I initially used the WH40K Fire Warrior unit, but that one has a bugged flc that makes the terrain behind it appear gray.

I was thinking of using some of the Space Marines units from the WH40K mods, but they're far too bulky and their weapons too retro-fi for my tastes. If I could find a unit that's clearly got powered armor but not all bulky, like the Fire Warrior unit looks, that'd be fantastic.

Is there a unit out there that someone is familiar with that fits this profile? Or would an artist be kind enough to make one?

I'm thinking of taking on the task myself, but my gfx craftsmanship would not compare to some of the elite artists on this site.

Off the top of my head - Balou's Armored Shock Infantry, muffins's Fallout Trooper, or Neomega's modified Power Armor?

I was looking for something with slightly less bulge to it. The scenario I'm working on has Mechs, called Mechanized Infantry (Motor Infantry is the old mech infantry), and units that need to be more mobile like paratroopers are called Mobile Infantry (main use is to drop from orbit in either pods or dropships). So I wanted to keep them as light as possible with more armor than just a standard issue ground pounder. I ended up narrowing it down to the Fire Warrior, Balou's Armored Infantry, and another one with a jet pack. I ditched the Jet Pack one due to it being more than what I wanted for just infantry units, and settled on Fire Warrior due to (what I think) is superior attack animation (the way the model holds the weapon at its shoulder, instead of at the hips). Unfortunately, the Fire Warrior flcs have a cloudy background that I have no idea how to clean up.

Essentially looking for a pilot of a Titan from Titanfall.

And as a reminder, I would be willing to commission a Titanfall set of units.

Top Bottom