Unit Request Thread

A standard modern looking soldier (preferably with forest camoflague or a similar type) would be great to add. The Paratrooper animations would probably be best to use for this unit (I haven't seen the animations yet though).

I want to change the Mechanized Infantry unit graphic to have modern soldiers on foot fighting along with the vehicles (maybe like five soldiers and two vehicles).

Seconded. The Paratrooper could probably be reskinned into a generic modern infantryman, which could do double duty as a marine and as a sidekick to the IFVs (assuming mixed units are still possible).

I've used this kind of multifigure (mech inf + marines or tank + marines) units on my mod for civ4, and I plan to do the same in R.E.D. for civ5...

I "just" need the new units :D

I'd like to see someone replace the Ship of the Line with something that is actually unique to the English/British. Maybe the Spitfire?

So, i need a unit for my Swedish Empire mod, which would be pretty easy to create by taking the cossack unit art and replacing the rifle with a sword. The unit is Finnish Cavalry called Hakkapeliitta, so anything that looks northern would do. Actually any cavalry using a sword and light armor would be good, as long as they aren't using spears.

I'd like to see someone replace the Ship of the Line with something that is actually unique to the English/British. Maybe the Spitfire?

Or a UB - something to replace the courthouse that adds trade routes maybe?

edit: Or replace city walls with the Burh.

Here's an Idea

The Avro Arrow, Possibly a Modern Era UU for Canada in [civ5], Replaces Jet Fighter.

It's Certainly better than that Mountie Unit in [civ4].

Mechs--that's all I can say. I'm working on a currently basic mod which will at some point be relatively complex and interesting, I think. Right now it only replaces the GDR with 6 different "classes" of mechs in attempt to base it on the late game, Chromehounds, but obviously reusing the GDR graphics is a little--lame.

I'm far from picky, I would make use of any unique mech graphics, but if anyone ever got around to doing something similar to the following I'd be very appreciative:

The Treaded chassis was used for several classes of mechs, primarily for soldiers, defenders, heavy gunners and commanders.
Treaded1
Treaded2
Treaded3
Treaded4
Treaded5

The wheeled chassis was mostly used for scouts but light soldiers also could make use of them.
Wheeled1
Wheeled2
Wheeled3
Wheeled4
Wheeled5

The multi-leg chassis was basically for your heavy gunners but occasionally for commanders as well.
Multi-Leg1
Multi-Leg2
Multi-Leg3
Multi-Leg4
Multi-Leg5

Commanders are the ones with the huge "satellite" arrays on their tops which granted that mech the ability to see mostly everything on the battlefield and relay that info to its squad mates.
Commander1
Commander2
Commander3
Commander4
Commander5

The hover chassis was mostly used for scouts, obviously.
Hover1
Hover2
Hover3
Hover4

But yeah, these are simply some examples from the game. I'd take just about anything anyone was willing to do :)

Is there a possibility to create a faster worker? A worker that works 25% faster than a normal worker?

Scratch that. Unit posted in Mod components.

Need to add another one to the list...

I've requested this unit before for IV but it never came to be. I think I could make more use of it with V but I know it wouldn't be an easy project so I'm not expecting much.

The seaQuest DSV submarine from the seaQuest show of the early 90s.

http://bagera3005.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d23pn4y

A horribly underrated show, but yes, this submarine would make a very nice unit for a futuristic mod/scenario. We have mechs so why not advanced subs too? :D

Dear all,

For time being we have a ship of the line in game-it can only build from England.
Anyone knows,how to make it availabe to all civilizations?

Dear all,

For time being we have a ship of the line in game-it can only build from England.
Anyone knows,how to make it availabe to all civilizations?

I think you're in the wrong thread. It has to do with removing England as the class override for Frigate.

Lazy modders, none of my requested units have been made yet :p

I don't think it's possible yet to create unit graphics. >.<

Top Bottom