Unit Thread v.2

Ok, I converted GK dreadnought and more to follow.

I want to change Eldar units this way:

Support - Support Platform
Assault Infantry - Fire Dragon
Walkers - Wraithlord
Elite Infantry - Wraithguard
Stealth - Striking Scorpion
Field Artillery - Nightspinner
Special Weapons - Avatar of Khaine
Champion - Autarch

Naval Transport - Eldar Transport
Naval Warfare - Dragonship
Naval Supremacy - Wraithship

This will significantly reduce the amount of needed units. Only Autarch, Farseer, Phoenix and ships are left to do this way.

Actually, I want to add later other eldar factions - Harlequins, Corsairs and Ynnari, but not now.

After looking at IA13, last IA index, I came up with following list for Renegades and Heretics:

Settler - Dark Servitor
Worker - Slave (I will use Firaxis graphics, probably)
Starting - Cultist
Infantry - Traitor
Tactics - Mutant (aaglo's Mutant for Fallout mod)
Mobility - Traitor Rider (I cannot convert this one but can use some placeholder, like Tom2050's Dread Knight)
Mobile Infantry - Traitor Chimera
Support - Big Mutant (another Mutant for Fallout mod by Aaglo)
Assault Infantry - Ogryn Brute (convertable) or Plague Ogre (Monster Zombie from EFZI2)
Fast Attack - Traitor Hellhound
Walkers - Traitor Sentinel
Elite Infantry - Disciples (Jin Roh unit fits perfectly)
Stealth - Stalker (there is no such unit in WH40k as Infiltrator, but Marauder Stalker is a closest thing. Just a rename)
Heavy Support - Traitor Russ (already working on it)
Siege - Traitor Basilisk
Field Artillery - Defiler (actually RG doesn't have defilers, but they use other demon engines. It will be OK)
Special Weapons - Chaos Spawn (convertable)
Heroes - Rogue Psyker
AA - Traitor Hydra
Super Heavy - Brass Scorpion or Plaguereaper (I don't see any reason not to use these, as Brass Scorpions are common among Renegade Guard)
Champion - Apostate Cardinal (convertable)

This is it. I plan converting Traitor Russ firts.

Here is some changes to imperial unit lines:

Imperial Guard:

Assault Infantry - Stormtrooper
Elite - Ogryn

Witch Hunters:

Starting - Acolyte
Mobility - Seraphim
Assault Infantry - Dominion
Fast Attack - Repressor
Stealth - Death Cult Assassin
Special Weapons - Combat Servitor

Daemon Hunters

Starting - Acolyte
Tactics - Purgator
Support - Psilencer
Fast Attack - Razorback
Walker - Doomglaive Dreadnought
Heavy Support - Nemesis Dreadknight
Siege - Arco-Flagellant
Field - Psycannon
Stealth - Death Cult Assassin
Special Weapons - Combat Servitor
Heroes - Brother-Captain

Space Marines

No Iron Priest for Space Wolves (unless someone makes it)
Venerable Dreadnought now universal upgrade of Dreadnought, doesn't belong only to space wolves
No Leman Russ Exterminator
No Veteran or Plasma Cannon for Dark angels (maybe I still add plasma cannon)

Auto-Produced

No Deathwatch or Legion of the Damned (unless someone makes them)
No Chamber Militant
No Deathcult Temple
Added: Shrine of the Living Saint - Living Saint
Added: Callidus Temple - Callidus Assassin
Added: Vindicare Temple - Vindicare Assassin
Militarum Tempestus - Stromtrooper

I made a Default animation for orbital bombardment and thought, that every faction needs their own cruise missile-type unit (at least, race-wide).

Here are my suggestions:

Imperium - Hunter-Killer, Deathstrike (Imperial Guard only)
Chaos - Doom bolt, or some other spell (I will search through Tom2050's spell library if I find something apropriate)
Ork - Grot Rokkit (already have one)
Eldar - Psychic Storm (another spell, I even have ideas what to use)
Tau - Seeker missile

Nukes:

Imperium - Vortex Torpedo
Chaos - Warpstorm
Ork - Rok
Eldar - Eldrich Storm
Tau - too philanthropic to use them

What's your opinion? Somebody? Anybody? Please?

Some multi-figure units for epic battles + commisar and canoness as commanders.

Attachments

• WH40Kmultiunits.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 158
  • Multiunits WH40K.png
    Multiunits WH40K.png
    574.5 KB · Views: 276
Decided to start making the interface. Started with a military adviser.

Attachments

• military.pcx
    496.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Скриншот 2018-11-18 11_57_38.png
    Скриншот 2018-11-18 11_57_38.png
    588 KB · Views: 294
The interface of the main adviser and adviser on science. Maybe someone knows how to change the awful pink font color?

Attachments

• domestic.pcx
    710 KB · Views: 148
  • domestic.png
    domestic.png
    562.8 KB · Views: 278
  • science_ancient.pcx
    782.4 KB · Views: 181
  • science_ancient.png
    science_ancient.png
    766.3 KB · Views: 164
Ok, I finished magic units for space marines and chaos. It leaves just a bit to finish their lines.

What really concers me now (besides leaderheads and navy, as always) is fate of Chaos Rhino made by Quinzy. The problem is only LMR has files, AFAIK, and he wasn't around for almost two years.

Maybe, someone can contact him or give contacts to me? I really do not want to make a conversion of a unit, that is already made.

Absolutely mind-blowing that people are still dedicated to working and contributing to this project over all these years.

Have any folks here played Warhammer 40k Gladius: Relics of war, its as if Warhammer 40k and Civilization had a baby, except that baby is missing its limbs because the game doesn't have that many factions, terrain, or unit types yet, but it gives off a good impression of a hidden gem like this mod?

2020 was so bad, that I didn't convert a single unit. I hope, the new Tau pack, which you can find in my thread, is enough compensation for it.

Well, this means, that units are about 99% complete. I may though a couple of addition, like a Battle Servitor, but I don't want to do to much. The mod is in development for, how much, 14 years? Units may be the hardest part, but there are still leaderheads (which I have 0 idea of how to make them), buildings, terrain, interface, etc. etc. And there are making .biq, text files, balancing, testing. But first of all, I have to find out, how to make tau and eldar ships. The naval warfare is barely represented in 40k, and I was the one to design the mod from the start, I'd replace them with naval skimmers. Like, Eldar could have Naval Falcon to transport units, while Imperial Guard would utilize Valkyries and Vultures. But there are quite a lot conversions of spaceships made to be "naval" by muffins and aaglo already and I converted the chaos ships. By some luck, I found DoW mod with space ships, but it is only chaos/imperium. I don't know what to do, but I will try my best.

ı have never made anything worth mentioning , but maybe placeholders and stuff would help you do both things at once , testing and making units ?

ı have never made anything worth mentioning , but maybe placeholders and stuff would help you do both things at once , testing and making units ?

Yes, probably that's what I am going to do. There's a Metal Gear Arsenal unit by Orthanc, I think? It kind of resembles Tau ship. White SeeD ship is something like an eldar ship and ragnarok kind of resembles eldar heavy ship and Wyrmshadow's martian transport could be used as an eldar transport.

The leaderheads are a more of a problem though. There are some great animated leaderheads already made for the mod and I don't want to mix them with static pictures. There are tutorials on making leaderheads in poser, but I have only 3ds max.:crazyeye:

Top Bottom