Unit Thread v.2

They are there for support, but there is art showing ethereal's chopping up orks, so they aren't completely useless

I was thinking though of letting them be able to create a 'cadre' which would be a better than normal army. It will take some playing around with tho

I can convert the Kroot part of Tau unit line. This include Kroot Warrior, Kroot Hound, Krootox and Knarlock. It will be easy since they do not have civ-color, can use same palette and all melee units. Fortify animations are the main problem here but overall units should be ok.
Eldar vehicles still in progress.

are there any units which are not in the Downloads section ? Or the new units and the like in this thread are improvements to the old ones ?

thanks . Am in a very slow phase of scenario development using as many units as possible and naturally interested in Warhammer units which seem to be a large percentage of sci-fi options .

Thanks for those. I've been looking at the possibility of expanding the naval lines to include more than three ships, i have some ideas.

I've been thinking about the guardsmen wonders too. Currently, there are wonders producing Vostroyan Firstborns, Catachan Jungle Fighters, Tallarn Desert Raiders and Krieg Death Korps. I want to spread them out a bit: have Firstborn (better defence) and Jungle Fighter (better attack) as guardsmen, but then have the Desert Raider as a Rough Rider (it'll be easy to make, since im doing the rough riders now) and the death korps as artillery later.

LMR said:
I've been looking at the possibility of expanding the naval lines to include more than three ships, i have some ideas.

I agree, that three ships is not too much for one civ and there are a lot of ship classes in 40k universe. What are your ideas?

I like your ideas with guardsmen. I hope old versions will find their places in mod too. They also can ignore terrain that is common on their homeworld (jungle, tundra, desert) and Death Korps can have collateral damage when attack city 'cause they are siege masters.

I thought also about auto-producing units for other civs. Chaos Marines have support from other traitor legions. Iron Warriors can have collateral damage when attack cities because they are siege masters but I have difficulties with ideas for Night Lords and Alpha Legion. They both specialize in stealth but I think that Alpha Legion Marine is better for "stealth" unit for Chaos factions. But how Night Lord would differ then? They are different fluff-wise but I have no ideas how to represent it in civ game.

What do you think about adding other legions auxilia for Loyal Space Marines? Like Imperial Fist Marine (good attack and maybe siege), Iron Hand Marine (good defence or +1 hp), White Scar (faster biker), Ravensguard (stealth) and like this?

LMR said:
Siege Arco Flagellant

I wanted to ask if you are going to make this guy because you male version of Penitent Engine looks just like he. Only arms must be replaced with whips. If that is problematic I can convert one and finish Ordo Hereticus line.

And for Inquisitorial races I suggest to add Acolyte units as autoproducing (because OH includes mostly Adepta Sororitas units in your list and OM mostly Grey Knight units but inquisition has many types of acolytes and it would be cool to show them). Can you make a GK units with storm bolter(like your terminators) and sword (like inquisitor)? Than it can be used as purifier and replace Death Cult Assasin as Assault Infantry. And that Assain could be autoproduced for both Ordos. Other can be Crusader, Weapon Servitor, Priest etc.

Also since nowdays Grey Knights do not use drop pods I suggest to use Demonhost as special weapon for OM faction. I think, tom2050's Sword Demon would fit perfect:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16573

On eldar factions. Probably, Fire Dragons should take place of Promethium unit for all Eldar factions (their are not flamer units but melta but will do fine as replacement). I also found out that shining spears are very rare so they probably should be auto-produced for all eldars. That leaves Biel-Tan with only 1 unique unit just like other races. Night Spinner could be moved to field artillery slot to replace Grav Platform, and Grav Platforms would be cheap auto-producing units. I think they are too small to be artillery piece. Thus every craftworld will have 1 unique unit. And Void Spinner is actually engine of vaul like scorpion tank so it will be better replacing Scorpion not Falcon. Warp Spiders probably be good as auto-producing units because they are somewhat iconic for eldars and popular, I think, they must be in mod some way. The same for Obliterators for Chaos. (Btw, you haven't added link for Scorpion as completed unit. Link it to my Engine of Vaul unit, please. They are the same thing actually, I just called it different way.)

On the models: I found .skp format free models database. Some of them are what we need (I saw Crisis Suits, Broadsides and Monolith for example). They can be converted in 3ds and obj formats. They come without skeleton thought so this must be done manually. If it helps I will send you links. I also ran into genestealer models in obj. Could you make a genestealer unit if I send it? That will be perfect for starting barbarian because it appear first and then come numerous gaunt hordes. It will fit because barbarian AI will spam second barbarian unit later in game, not first. And again, genestealers are somewhat iconic.

The last question I wanted to ask is Titanic units. During my test of BfA mod I found my Gargants much larger thatn Muffins' Imperial Titan units. But, on the other hand, Muffins' Titans are not that larger than other units and looks like oridnary battlewalkers. So what do you think will be better:
a) reduce scale of my titan convertions to Muffins' Titans;
b) increase scale of Muffins' Titans (I doubt we can contact him directly and get permission now, but I hope with proper credit resize would be ok).

So what do you think?

P.S.: Chek sci-fi units database for more eldar stuff.

I thought also about auto-producing units for other civs. Chaos Marines have support from other traitor legions. Iron Warriors can have collateral damage when attack cities because they are siege masters but I have difficulties with ideas for Night Lords and Alpha Legion. They both specialize in stealth but I think that Alpha Legion Marine is better for "stealth" unit for Chaos factions. But how Night Lord would differ then? They are different fluff-wise but I have no ideas how to represent it in civ game.
What do you think about adding other legions auxilia for Loyal Space Marines? Like Imperial Fist Marine (good attack and maybe siege), Iron Hand Marine (good defence or +1 hp), White Scar (faster biker), Ravensguard (stealth) and like this?
I've got the Night Lord Marine as the Stealth unit for all Chaos Legions. I've posted below the autoproduced units I've got listed at the moment

I wanted to ask if you are going to make this guy because you male version of Penitent Engine looks just like he. Only arms must be replaced with whips. If that is problematic I can convert one and finish Ordo Hereticus line.
I can give it a go, but most of the stuff I've seen they look more human than the penitent engine though.

And for Inquisitorial races I suggest to add Acolyte units as autoproducing (because OH includes mostly Adepta Sororitas units in your list and OM mostly Grey Knight units but inquisition has many types of acolytes and it would be cool to show them). Can you make a GK units with storm bolter(like your terminators) and sword (like inquisitor)? Than it can be used as purifier and replace Death Cult Assasin as Assault Infantry. And that Assain could be autoproduced for both Ordos. Other can be Crusader, Weapon Servitor, Priest etc.
I'd thought of something similar for the Death Cult/Purifier, but I've been struggling to work out how to do the fire effects I want to.

Also since nowdays Grey Knights do not use drop pods I suggest to use Demonhost as special weapon for OM faction. I think, tom2050's Sword Demon would fit perfect
Most of the fluff and art I've seen describe the daemonhosts as chained up abominations.

On eldar factions. Probably, Fire Dragons should take place of Promethium unit for all Eldar factions (their are not flamer units but melta but will do fine as replacement). I also found out that shining spears are very rare so they probably should be auto-produced for all eldars. That leaves Biel-Tan with only 1 unique unit just like other races. Night Spinner could be moved to field artillery slot to replace Grav Platform, and Grav Platforms would be cheap auto-producing units. I think they are too small to be artillery piece. Thus every craftworld will have 1 unique unit. And Void Spinner is actually engine of vaul like scorpion tank so it will be better replacing Scorpion not Falcon. Warp Spiders probably be good as auto-producing units because they are somewhat iconic for eldars and popular, I think, they must be in mod some way. The same for Obliterators for Chaos. (Btw, you haven't added link for Scorpion as completed unit. Link it to my Engine of Vaul unit, please. They are the same thing actually, I just called it different way.)
I like the Fire Dragon move, and Shining Spears being autoproduced. Sorry about the Scorpion, I thought I had already :blush:

On the models: I found .skp format free models database. Some of them are what we need (I saw Crisis Suits, Broadsides and Monolith for example). They can be converted in 3ds and obj formats. They come without skeleton thought so this must be done manually. If it helps I will send you links. I also ran into genestealer models in obj. Could you make a genestealer unit if I send it? That will be perfect for starting barbarian because it appear first and then come numerous gaunt hordes. It will fit because barbarian AI will spam second barbarian unit later in game, not first. And again, genestealers are somewhat iconic.
I have a genestealer model somewhere, but any stuff you can direct me too is most welcome, thanks :thumbsup:

The last question I wanted to ask is Titanic units. During my test of BfA mod I found my Gargants much larger thatn Muffins' Imperial Titan units. But, on the other hand, Muffins' Titans are not that larger than other units and looks like oridnary battlewalkers. So what do you think will be better:
a) reduce scale of my titan convertions to Muffins' Titans;
b) increase scale of Muffins' Titans (I doubt we can contact him directly and get permission now, but I hope with proper credit resize would be ok).
I shouldn't think there would be a permission problem as long as you credited Muffins. As to resizing, there can be problems with pixelisation if you make units bigger.

AUTOPRODUCED UNITS

Orks
Stompa Construction - Stompa
Kult of Speed - War Buggy
Freebootas - Freeboota

Imperium
Catachan Reinforcements - Jungle Fighter
Krieg Reinforcements - Quad Cannon
Tallarn Reinforcements - Desert Raider
Vostroyan Reinforcements - Firstborn
Ordo Xenos - Deathwatch Marine
Legion of the Damned - Legionaire

Plus an Acolyte-producing one for the Ordo Hereticus and Malleus

Chaos
Alpha Legion - Alpha Legion Marine
Iron Warriors - Iron Warrior Marine (possibly change to Basilisk)
Obliterator Cult - Obliterator
Vraksian Renegade Militia - Renegade Militia
Blood Pact - Blood Pact Warrior
Forge of Souls - Soulgrinder

Eldar^/Dark Eldar*
Warp Spider Aspect Shrine^ - Warp Spider
Shining Spear Aspect Shrine^ - Shining Spear
Temple of Cegorach^* - Harlequin
Haven Spire^* - Corsair
Il-Kaithe^* - Il-Kaithe Bonesinger
Bestiary* - Warp Beast Pack
Wych Cult* - Wych