1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Discussion/Previews

Discussion in 'Civ3 - WH40K Workshop' started by LMR, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Fortis1

Fortis1 Chieftain

Awesome!

2. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

3. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

How's the colour on this YP? Lighter, darker, just right? :)

Attached Files:

4. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Looks just right to me! Perhaps you could make the blue one without the gun or whatever it is that shoots stuff?

5. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

6. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

7. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

How many Daemon units do you plan to make?

8. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Well, Tom made a good bloodletter, so the only lesser daemon left is the pink horror, which might be a little difficult given its a bloody weird looking thing.

Are you looking for more to flesh out a daemons of chaos faction?

9. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

To make a DoC civ I would probably, at the minimum, need some Seekers, Nurglings, Flamers as well. And to make it really good a Plague Drone, Seeker Chariot, Screamers, Bloodchrushers etc. So it's a long shot.

10. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

I think a screamer is on my list for the 40k mod

The plaguedrone is the most likely, since I've already made the plaguebearer. If I can find/Frankenstein a seeker model that and the chariot are possible too

The others would need more thought/effort, and I'll admit I'm in a bit of a motivation slump at the moment. But I'll keep them in mind :)

11. Erebras

Erebras Chieftain

If I remember my Chaos Gate video game, I believe blue horrors get turned into pink horrors, or the other way around, yes? If you shoot a horror, it divides into two smaller horrors.

I think.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that I've been making simple WH40K units lately, using the GW website for inspiration. I have no idea how a jokaero weaponsmith would help ingame, but there is one, now, and my Necron Monolith is passable.

The final products I've been submitting are less than stellar. They look great as bitmaps, but converting them to pcx, reducing color depth to 256, then having to import an existing pal file from another unit to make sure the flc doesn't turn out fifty shades of magenta and green, causes a great loss of detail.

Perhaps it would be better if I did the cut&paste gruntwork, and then someone else cleans up the palette issues or adds shadow. I keep the original bitmaps on my computer. It's up to anyone willing to do so.

12. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Sorry, I thought I replied to this ages ago, obviously I didn't :blush:

All contributions are welcomed, our main aim is to get this to a playable state. Better quality units can wait IMO

As for the palette issues you're having, have a look at Utah's unit making tutorial, it's what I used to get started. Since (I assume) you're not using poser, you can probably skip to the creating the FLCs/palette making bits towards the end

Hope it helps :)