Unit upgrade question

Hamah

Prince
Hi to everyone.

I´m trying to figure out how to change the value of the unit upgrades. I want to change from 30 gold to 2 gold, for example, when upgrading from a spearman to a pikeman.

How can I do this?

Thanks for the quick answer... :)

Where do I change that? Can I make it so it takes effect in any New Game I start?

Samez said:
If you use the wonder halfes upgradecost multiple times is it cumulative?

In what sense? I think it´s half the cost every time without accumulating anything. Instead of paying 90 gold to upgrade from pikeman to musketman, you pay 45 gold. And it works like that until I can´t remember what makes the Leonardo´s Workshop obsolete.

I want to leave the same unit costs, but lower the upgrade costs to make the AI change the obsolete units. I want the upgrade that would be of 30 gold, to be of 2 gold and the upgrade that would be of 60 gold to be of 4 gold, and so on.

hmm my idea would have been to half the upgradecosts so often that it end up to a prize of 2or 4 /per unit...
So the idea is to create several wonders/buildings to reduce upgradecost instead of influencing the upgradecost directly.... just an idea...
but I even don't know if its possible to use the half upgrade prize more than one time per unit at the same time....

Go to General Properties in the Edit Rules and change the 'upgrade cost' number. The number indicated here is the multiple used to determine the total upgrade cost for a unit. For example, if the base unit costs 20 shields and its upgrade costs 40 shields, the difference is 20 shields. If the 'upgrade cost' in the editor is 3, then, the exact cost for the upgrade would be 60 shields (20 x 3 = 60).

This means you can set the upgrade to 0, where i think upgrades are free, or set it to 1, where you would only have to pay the difference between the two.

Excellent!!! I will try that. :goodjob:

Top Bottom