Unit with Multiturn movement doesn't work?

Mettius

Chieftain
Is there no way to see a unit's movement orders?
Meaning, when you issue a movement order which will take multiple turns to complete, clicking on that unit again later does not show its orders.
You have no idea if it acknowledged the order or not. My game group fell to pieces because people were getting too frustrated with units not moving even after having been given orders. (The units just sat there).

This seems to be a huge gameplay issue. I can't believe it hasn't been fixed by now, but I just loaded up the game for the first time in over 6 months and... no fix. (I'm patched via. Steam).

Very disappointing. Will this be fixed? Where do we report defects like this to the developers?

I've never experienced this problem. The units seem to move as expected in all cases. Perhaps others have noticed this as an issue, but I don't recall seeing it in any of the threads to date. Post it to the general issues thread.

I have noticed that when paths intersect on the same turn (which means two or more units trying to land on same tile at the same time) then at least one stops. This can cause long delays when tying to get several units through a mountain pass or some other chokepoint

I'm guessing that part of the reason for this problem is the 1UPT rule. Because units can't move independently of each other anymore, it can't be said in advance (via the interface) what path a unit will take to some destination unless it takes into account at the same time the orders given to every other unit.

Even marking the destination tile might not be the best idea because if more than one unit have been ordered to move there, it might be confusing for a player when their unit arrives near but not at the destination and stops moving.

There are many design challenges associated with pathing and 1upt and I think the current interface (based on the OP's comments) is not the least worst.

IMO when a unit is selected that has previously been given orders, show a straight line arrow connecting its current tile with its destination tile. If it looks like one of the possible paths would be a bit risky (e.g. near an enemy) then assume the player will do the movement more carefully anyway.

By the way, is it the case that if you select a unit which has previously been given a movement order that it loses its movement order?

Another annoying thing in travel calculation is when unit need to embark - computer shows that every ocean tile will take 1 turn what is not true.

If I read correctly, that is one of the items fixed in the next patch.

Another annoying thing in travel calculation is when unit need to embark - computer shows that every ocean tile will take 1 turn what is not true.

Yeah, I realized that early on. To get semi-accurate oceanic movement turn count, you need to embark the unit first & then (next turn) select the final destination.

Top Bottom