Unit XP from native life

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
One thing I'd really like in Civ BE is if units could carry on gaining XP from fighting the native lifeforms. In Civ IV / V, experience from barbarians was capped, and you could only get highly promoted units from waging war. It would be good if the natives in BE could be a lot more stronger, and carry on giving endless XP for killing them.

It sounds like the aliens are supposed to get a lot more aggressive if you tick them off, and as long as they got stronger too so that you were taking some risk in choosing to fight them, then getting XP from them whatever your unit level seems perfectly reasonable. The caveat is the risk - if there's no risk to fighting them, there should be no reward either.

The military part in CBE looks quite different from Civ games. In Civ you have clear separation between dealing with barbarians and war with major civ. In CBE aliens are more than barbs and it looks like there will be more proxy wars like attacking outposts, so difference is not so clear. I think probably experience from fighting aliens will not be capped.

But again, this will depend on the exploitability of the feature. If you could farm aliens for easy shooting target, experience should be capped.

I think I saw a preview where one attack on a siege worm almost killed a soldier.

I think I saw a preview where one attack on a siege worm almost killed a soldier.

2 soldiers, yes. Though they were basic unupgraded marines.
But siege worm is a little exception. Bugs seem to be weaker than even basic marines.

The Marines were upgraded; they're level 2 infantry. The Soldier is level 1. The Soldier has a strength of 10, the Marine has a strength of 16, and the Siege Worm has a strength of 60. The Wolf Beetles and Raptor Bugs have strengths of 8 and 15, respectively.

So yeah, I doubt there's an XP cap on killing aliens.

A basic soldier deals like 1/10th of a worm's health while one attack from the worm kills 9/10 of the unit.

On the other hand, there's a science bonus for whoever kills it, so there's a trade off to play with.

Top Bottom