1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Units should not automatically attack aliens if moved into an unexplored hex

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by oldag07, Dec 15, 2015.

1. oldag07

oldag07 Chieftain

Units should not automatically attack aliens if moved into an unexplored hex. I try my best not to antagonize the aliens in the beginning, but it is frustrating when I move a unit to a seemingly empty hex only to find out that an alien was there (usually for units 2 hexs away). I can understand you automatically attacking aliens, if you know there is something there, however, you should be given a warning if there isn't. Especially for units like explorers that aren't meant for offensive combat.

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

That is a danger in clicking two tile movement, where you can't actually see two tiles away. If you get into the habit of directing units to move only one tile at a time (it takes maybe one game to make the habit second nature), you cannot possibly inadvertently attack any aliens.

3. Galgus

Galgus Chieftain

I agree, they shouldn't and it is annoying.

Clicking tile by tile is safer, but also tedious.

4. Aldor

Aldor Chieftain

The behaviour isn't consistent. Iirc, you get the warning if you attempt to move onto a tile with hydrocoral (even if you couldn't see it), but not for regular aliens :/

5. deathpickle

deathpickle Chieftain

agreed, they should definitely spend the time it takes to do this.