Unmentioned change from July 2018 patch: Team Emergencies fixed

pokiehl

Deity
Prior to this patch, emergencies didn't work right for teams. For instance: you host an MP game and you and your friend are both Team 1. When an emergency triggers, only you (the host) get the option for joining or refusing the emergency - your teammate has no say. Even worse, if you win the emergency, your teammate will not get any of the rewards.

This appears to have been totally fixed! I was playing an MP game last night and Seondeok conquered a city-state. Both my friend and I (Team 1) were allowed to independently choose the emergency, which has never happened before. We both refused, but I think that if we both accepted and then won the emergency, we'd both get the reward.

Nice job Firaxis!

Not sure if this was new, but along similar lines, I discovered last night that you can ask someone to join you in an emergency war.

This was a single player game. The Mongols conquered a nearby city state, and Rome and I were invited to join the emergency. Rome declined. A few turns later, when the Mongol horde turned up, I decided to see if I could get Rome to join me. I had the option to ask him to join a formal war or an emergency war. I put join the emergency war on the table. Although Trajan said there was no possible deal, when I offered him a lux, he was happy to join.

I haven't checked to see if someone not originally invited to the emergency could be asked to join.

Not sure if this was new, but along similar lines, I discovered last night that you can ask someone to join you in an emergency war.

This was a single player game. The Mongols conquered a nearby city state, and Rome and I were invited to join the emergency. Rome declined. A few turns later, when the Mongol horde turned up, I decided to see if I could get Rome to join me. I had the option to ask him to join a formal war or an emergency war. I put join the emergency war on the table. Although Trajan said there was no possible deal, when I offered him a lux, he was happy to join.

I haven't checked to see if someone not originally invited to the emergency could be asked to join.

I noticed this as well recently, but assumed it was from an earlier patch. I’d be very interested in confirming whether someone who joins an emergency war actually earns the reward when the emergency is won. I’m fairly certain I invited someone to join me (the only participant) in an emergency, but I still got the entire pot. But, I can’t be completely sure that was the type of war I ultimately selected for the AI to join.

Update: Trajan made peace with the Mongols before I liberated Auckland, and I got all the reward gold. That is as it should be, but doesn't tell us if the reward would have been split if he didn't peace out early.

I noticed this as well recently, but assumed it was from an earlier patch. I’d be very interested in confirming whether someone who joins an emergency war actually earns the reward when the emergency is won. I’m fairly certain I invited someone to join me (the only participant) in an emergency, but I still got the entire pot. But, I can’t be completely sure that was the type of war I ultimately selected for the AI to join.

I'm guessing that how you ask them to join only affects warmonger score, not the rewards.

Top Bottom