Unoffical Offical CFC Minecraft Server -- World 2

Yegasov hit its high point. I don't know if it can live up to it's old self in the new world, but we'll sure as heck try!

Thanks to the explorers I have to start all over. I don't know how many of you know what I build from scratch literally in 1 day, but IT WAS A LOT OF WORK. To those that don't understand, minecraft creates chunks as you go, so if you go further from the spawn it creates more map and when the map gets bigger it's also a bigger strain for the sever, so there is reason WHY there is a border.

All of us put a lot of work into it. But anyways, Croxis would restart the map after a while anyway, as she did with the first world, so all of our work would of been a loss anyway.

Restarting eventually is one thing that I am fine with, but until a few people decided the number of geld next to their name was more important than the server it was going pretty well.

I've probably read this before and forgot, but who on here is Dr.Mo?

All of us put a lot of work into it. But anyways, Croxis would restart the map after a while anyway, as she did with the first world, so all of our work would of been a loss anyway.

Sorry I didn't mean imply that my work would mean any more than anyone elses. I just like to build. It sort of got to me when I just finished something it gets wiped immediately.

Well atleast if croxis gets a new map running, there will be lapis lazuli.

civ_king I believe. That's what the search of the thread tells me though.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

Thanks to the explorers I have to start all over. I don't know how many of you know what I build from scratch literally in 1 day, but IT WAS A LOT OF WORK. To those that don't understand, minecraft creates chunks as you go, so if you go further from the spawn it creates more map and when the map gets bigger it's also a bigger strain for the sever, so there is reason WHY there is a border.

Exactly. I spent hours and hours digging out my mines, to actual real detriment sometimes even. It kinda sucks losing all that, but oh well.

And like you said, there was a border for a reason. The fact that it suddenly disappears with no notice should not make you think "oh looks, lets go hit up every clay deposit in a 50 chunk radius" but rather "the border is gone. Why? I should be careful and find out first"

I think it's cool getting a new world. Croxis becomes better and better at this.

... I've actually considered: Wouldn't it be fun to play a month of 'crazy PvP' in the sphere world? I've considered designing a world in single player to use as a map on this server in PvP. What would people think of that?

Sorry I didn't mean imply that my work would mean any more than anyone elses. I just like to build. It sort of got to me when I just finished something it gets wiped immediately.

Well atleast if croxis gets a new map running, there will be lapis lazuli.

Dr. Mo is CIV_Kings brother, they kinda share

I am DAKLER, but DrMowinckel (my brother) sometimes uses this account.

I, DAKLER, should have realized that the endless cave I was in with over a thousand redstone and hundreds of gold was outside of the border, OTOH DrMo and Branch should have realized that the numerous clay blocks they found were outside the border because they could see terrain above ground

hi its Dr Mo since i was partially responsible for having to get a new world if people need help i will do my best to help them recreate there buildings and creations. Croxis i will donate and smelt as much stone as possible if you decide to make a new capital building

Anyway, I downloaded the old map, and frapsed some video from the towns. If I have time & energy I might compile a video presentation of the "old world". But I don't know all the places well, and I'm not sure which belongs to whom.

Update:

My border plugin is finished. It is a lot nicer than the old one. It will just slowly kill you when you cross the border instead of teleporting you back inside and pushing you off a cliff.

I'm generating and testing worlds on my computer at the moment. and will pick the best one.

I'm actually sort of glad that there will be a new world. I thought Maxapolis was too crowded, ugly, and in a weird place (ice with an island). I'll probably start Maxapolis again on the coast, or maybe the ocean :)

Also, we'll have lapiz lazuli, like someone said earlier.

Update:

My border plugin is finished. It is a lot nicer than the old one. It will just slowly kill you when you cross the border instead of teleporting you back inside and pushing you off a cliff.

I'm generating and testing worlds on my computer at the moment. and will pick the best one.

The old map script never pushed me off cliffs, it pushed me into the ground and I suffocated. :)

I hope it still gives warning about crossing the border.

I am DAKLER, but DrMowinckel (my brother) sometimes uses this account.

I, DAKLER, should have realized that the endless cave I was in with over a thousand redstone and hundreds of gold was outside of the border, OTOH DrMo and Branch should have realized that the numerous clay blocks they found were outside the border because they could see terrain above ground

Actually the border lied just beyond the tunnel/cave, trust me

I remember several times I hit the border without realising, until I was pushed back repeatedly. I haven't been on the server for several days so I missed the whole thing (and therefore innocent!). But, IMO its not unreasonable that someone would accidentally cross the old border, and maybe go well beyond it. We're all used to the borders enforcing themselves, and I don't think we all had them mapped out in our heads. In my case I hardly knew my way around Minestaff, and would get randomly lost on trips to get sand or wood.

So I never got to finish my tower with sandstone and glass lining :( I'm out for the time being, not that anyone cares much, but hope to be a random guest to see what you guys are building this time.

Top Bottom