Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Bhuric, you're display "fix" doesn't work. Here's what it now shows (new game with your .dll)

They actually changed the order of denials from 3.02 -> 3.13. In 3.02, the DENIAL_JOKING : DENIAL_NO_GAIN actually came first. The reason they moved it is because of the Vassal issue. So I don't think putting it first again is a problem.

Anyway, I've made a change that should encompass all the situations properly.

Bh
Wow, you're right. What a mess (3.02)! I agree with your fix.

SevenSpirits, the biggest gain with the way the patch put the NO_DENIALs first is that you can't tell if a civ you're at war with or another human is short of resources. Bhruic's fix kept that.

As long as an AI could spare a few gold per turn spare, you could find out which resources they really want if they would talk to you at peace. So fixing it doesn't make too much difference to that.

Bhuric, you're display "fix" doesn't work. Here's what it now shows (new game with your .dll)

Ha, fix one thing, something else pops up. :)

Alright, I'll have to try and see why it's duplicating the Culture there (but oddly not the Espionage).

Bh

Ha, fix one thing, something else pops up. :)

Alright, I'll have to try and see why it's duplicating the Culture there (but oddly not the Espionage).

Bh

Looks like it's duplicating both (look on the 2nd line). Funny how it goes esp, culture, culture, esp.

Changelog:
  • Fixed bug where culture/espionage would not display for building popups
  • Fixed bug where spies would be ejected from a square when declaring war
  • Fixed bug that caused the AI to trade for resources it already had (appears as grossly uneven trades)
  • Refixed trade bug
Very nice Bhruic. I add my voice of appreciation to the chorus.

It would be nice if Firaxis 'refixed' their fixes as quickly as you've done here. Nice job :goodjob:

I think this thread should be stickied. :king: :goodjob:

SevenSpirits, the biggest gain with the way the patch put the NO_DENIALs first is that you can't tell if a civ you're at war with or another human is short of resources. Bhruic's fix kept that.

I disagree that this is a good thing. It means that in peace talks you can make trades that have no benefit to the person who is getting the resource. Also, you can demand things you have no use for from your vassals.

I would find this a reasonable mechanic (you can then trade it off to someone else) except that it is only doable in those two corner cases. I consider those mistakes because of it.

There are two corporation-related reasons for not trading a resource.
1) The buyer has no corps and already has the resource, so there is no point. This is a game mechanic.
2) The seller (AI) has a corp that uses it and thus does not wish to trade it. This is a part of the AI.

The only problem is that in both 3.02 and 3.13 they were grouped together; in 3.02 at the beginning, and in 3.13 at the end. However, 1) should come at the beginning, since it's a game rule, but 2) should come after the exceptions the AI makes for at-war nations and masters.

No, look closer, its duplicating the espionage too. :)

Yeah, that's what I get for going for speed instead of accuracy (I need to do regression testing too). :( At this rate I'll be fixing the fixes of my fixes.

Anyway, I've made a more proper fix (for those interested, the original problem was caused by the fact that it would only properly check Culture/Espionage if the building was already constructed).

I've corrected the problem.

Bh

Also, you can demand things you have no use for from your vassals.

That's actually specifically why they made the change - Vassals should never be able to refuse a resource demand. In 3.02, for example, Vassals could refuse to give you a corporation resource. Well, not "refuse", it was redded out, so you couldn't even make the request.

Bh

Thanks Bhruic

Great job Bhruic. :goodjob:

It seems time to upgrade to 3.13 for me.

Right, after going back to original firaxis release 3.13, the non display of culture/espionage seems to only apply to buildings that "overstretch" the text window. All others are displaying correctly....see this screenshot...

Right, after going back to original firaxis release 3.13, the non display of culture/espionage seems to only apply to buildings that "overstretch" the text window. All others are displaying correctly....see this screenshot...

No, it only applied to buildings that you hadn't built yet. Basically, if you were looking at a building that you could construct, but hadn't yet, it wouldn't list the culture/espionage for it. If you'd already built it, then it would. My original "fix" handled the first condition, but caused duplication on the second. The new one (should) work for both.

Bh

No, it only applied to buildings that you hadn't built yet. Basically, if you were looking at a building that you could construct, but hadn't yet, it wouldn't list the culture/espionage for it. If you'd already built it, then it would. My original "fix" handled the first condition, but caused duplication on the second. The new one (should) work for both.

Bh

Ah, got you....nice one :goodjob:

I'm still more concerned with the resource bug, as my game examples were not where a duplicate resource was involved.

Sitting Bull had Dyes, I didn't. I had horses, stone and wine. He didn't. He seemed to think that this was a fair trade. It isn't ;)

In my game, other examples were where Gandhi wanted Wine AND Horses for his incense (again, he didn't have Wine or Horses).

Again, when offering them my horses (a x2 worth resource) for their respective one luxury, they turned the trade down out of hand, when they should have bitten my hand (and arm) off for the trade. They both had the Horseback Riding tech.

I don't think this is to do with the "lack of redding out of resources" you mentioned, but I might be wrong.

Well, in the example game I used (Fur for Horses, Clams and Pigs), I removed the Horses that Gandhi had. At that point he was willing to trade Fur and 5 GPT for the Horses. So there's got to be some explanation for the difference we are seeing... How sure are you that they didn't have Horses? They might not have any in their Empire, but it's possible they were trading for them already.

Bh

How sure are you that they didn't have Horses? They might not have any in their Empire, but it's possible they were trading for them already.

Bh

That should be easy to check. You can see the AI-AI trades in the foreign advisor (in the former Glance Tab and in the old first tab with the leader heads and lines).

Top Bottom