Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

That's actually specifically why they made the change - Vassals should never be able to refuse a resource demand. In 3.02, for example, Vassals could refuse to give you a corporation resource. Well, not "refuse", it was redded out, so you couldn't even make the request.

Bh
I know, but that is different from the case where you actually can't do anything with the resource. The mistake in 3.02 is that they could refuse because their desire to keep it for THEIR corporation trumped their vassal status. (Did you read my whole previous post and still disagree?)

Who says you can't do anything with it? I might already have Fish, but if my Vassal gives me theirs, I can trade one of them to someone else.

I can understand your point, but I can't think of any reason to disallow a Vassal trade, even if it doesn't appear to have any benefit to the Master. That's up to the Master to decide.

Bh

Well, in the example game I used (Fur for Horses, Clams and Pigs), I removed the Horses that Gandhi had. At that point he was willing to trade Fur and 5 GPT for the Horses. So there's got to be some explanation for the difference we are seeing... How sure are you that they didn't have Horses? They might not have any in their Empire, but it's possible they were trading for them already.

Bh

Well I've unpatched your patch, and have accessed that game again, and can happily and :blush: report, that I think you've solved it. Bull was already trading horses with Bismark, therefore my Horses were duplicate. If I offered Stone, he offers Dye (and Im sure would offer a wedge of gpt IF he had any which he didn't). Gandhi is willing to trade his only spare resource, incense, for horses (and again he doesn't have any spare gpt, or Im sure he would offer too)..

Right I'll put that down to a lack of sleep on my part, and excellence on your part :goodjob:

My fears are alleyed, I think you've sorted it.

I can understand your point, but I can't think of any reason to disallow a Vassal trade, even if it doesn't appear to have any benefit to the Master. That's up to the Master to decide.

I guess I agree with this, although I wouldn't have thought that was the intention of the 3.13 changes. I'll stop cluttering up the thread now. ;)

@ Bhruic: is it possible to include the fix for the Glance tab into the unofficial patch you've created, or is that an entirely separate thing?

That's a py change, not really the same thing as modifying the dll. Anyone can change the py file with a text editor - not everyone has access to a compiler (or knows how to use it).

Bh

Nuts. Hmm. Would it affect MP if I changed it and they didn't have the change, do you know?

Depends on your definition of "affect". It's going to warn that you are using different versions of files. But since it's purely a display issue, it shouldn't actually cause any game problems.

Bh

Add my appreciation to the chorus.
Thank you Bhruic, great work!
:goodjob:

Thank you so much! Consider yourself the savior of my weekend (well, at least the gaming part ;)).

• Fixed bug with Warlords attaching to units when the Great General is part of a selection group

Bh

You are my god. I want to have your babies, even if it requires some frightening and illegal surgery.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bhruic - Thank you so much for your quick work on patching the patch! :lol:
Like an idiot I downloaded 3.13 before waiting a day or two to see if people were finding issues with the new patch-should have learned my lesson with 3.03. I'm on holiday this weekend in beautiful wine country in N. California, but am already looking forward to getting back home and DL your patch!

You and Solver are the real heroes behind BTS!

Top Bottom