Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

I was thinking deer and fur only exist in tundra. I guess fur can also appear on snow. Now that you mention it I have seen fur on plains but according to the XML that isn't supposed to happen.

Well that happens because tundra gets normalized out as plains.

Are you sure? I thought that the first time I looked but I haven't been able to see that anywhere again. The only thing I see is a check that the food change and the production change are both non-negative.

Oops, you're right. That's what I get for being too hasty in reading the code.

Bh

I noticed a AI oddity... When attacking from Ships, the order in which the AI uses the units to Attack is very dumb - seems random to me.

I.e. if having siege units in ships, the AI does not use them first. Like two galleons are coming, 3 knights attack, then 3 trebs... The trebs causing collateral and all, but since the knigts went first, there are no units left, so ....

I observed this behaviour consistenlty when AI trying a naval attack.

This seems not to happen - at least not to that extent, if attacking with a land-moving stack.

So my assumption is, beeing in ships the AI does not concider the units as a stack, or perhaps uses them in the order they are 'queued' in ships...

I don't know if AI is something you want to touch at all, but since the land attacks seem to work better, it might be easily fixed, by just 'translating' the land based behaviour to amphibeous assaults...

I read the "readme" and everything but i can't find the CVgamecore.dll file on my computer...its not in my program files. I have the cpp and other files but not the .dll. Is there anything i can do to make the patch work???

Edit: Anyone know what would cause the patch to not "work" - the building culture display fix seems to be broken for me, completely.

edit #2: Duh. It helps if I replace the BtS dll instead of the 'vanilla' one... :crazyeye:

i havent looked in the assets folder but isnt that where the supplementary patch is? I'm using a no CD crack for my version so i dontk now if that makes a difference but i can't update it. I cant find anyplace to put in that .dll file. Anyone have any other suggestions????

alright but if i uninstall it and re-install everything all over again. but i dont put in the no cd crack....can i get some help? i just put it in because my son kept scratching up all my "game" cds. But i just want the update to go through. can i get some help if i do this???

this isn't a bug, but i think it's a potential candidate for the "OMG that is really dumb, is it worth changing?" category:

i played 2 future start games last week. in both games, an AI opponent who had no uranium built the Manhattan Project. hatty the first time, ramesses the second. at least it gave them a headstart building SDI to defend against the nukes they gave me the power to build, i suppose. :smoke:

i suppose it might be far more likely to happen future starts than a regular game. there are only so many buildings available, and maybe they're close to the cap of however many units they think they're supposed to have right now. but i did trade uranium to ramesses and he started immediately building nukes, 20+ at my latest save. so he was obviously allowed to make more troops, at least of the new kind. :lol:

Even if it had reached a limit on the troops it could support, it still could have built wealth, research or culture. Since it makes no difference whatsoever who builds the Manhattan project, the AI definitely shouldn't bother with it when it can't build nukes.

oh yeah, i know it could have built other things. i'm just wondering why i haven't seen people talking about this particular AI brilliance before? maybe it's brand new to BtS, or maybe it only comes up in Future Start games that last quite a while with the Manhattan Project not yet built? these games were that way but i bet a lot aren't.

Regarding the city normalizing code, does it function on premade maps with random resources? Obviously resources would be the only thing in it's bag of tricks, but does use it at all?
The maps I've made would definitely benefit or suffer depending on if it places resources using that script.

Will this work if im using the 34 civ mod and am in the middle of a game. And how do i install this?

I don't have open borders with Saladin, in fact in the diplomacy screen "open borders" is redded out for Saladin, My caravel can still cruise around in his borders.
I have noticed this before in other games where I declare war on a civ and my caravel did not get kicked out of his borders; I always forget to send in a save game though.:crazyeye:

This time I did not forget.:D

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/102845/WorTeRRoR_AD-1704.CivBeyondSwordSave

I don't have open borders with Saladin, in fact in the diplomacy screen "open borders" is redded out for Saladin, My caravel can still cruise around in his borders.
I have noticed this before in other games where I declare war on a civ and my caravel did not get kicked out of his borders; I always forget to send in a save game though.:crazyeye:

This time I did not forget.:D

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/102845/WorTeRRoR_AD-1704.CivBeyondSwordSave

Caravels are supposed to be able to explore rival territory without open borders - so this works as intended ;)

I know it's not a bug but rather an annoyance but how about auto-workers not building roads on naked tundra? Naked tundra is close to worthless but if it's got a forest next to it, one might at least try spreading it - which won't work if the workers already built roads on the tundra.
Automated trade networking would be somewhat convenient, if only the workers wouldn't mess with the tundra.

@ori

Thank you very much...I am glad that it is working as it should...Now I know a little bit more about this great game.:)

i just re-installed everything. just installed beyond the sword again. do i have to go through the updates or can i just install this unofficial patch???

i just re-installed everything. just installed beyond the sword again. do i have to go through the updates or can i just install this unofficial patch???
you should update to 3.13 and then install this patch :)

Top Bottom