Updated World 09 - Bugs created

nik nak it sounds like the header of the bonus is wrong, the very first line. if you have xml marker it will catch that. that happened to me a couple times. The own dependency is most likely some extra lines in xml files that would start out <!--<

The header in the bonus file, very first line. looks like this <?xml version="1.0"?>. Sometimes in the past I had files where i created a new xml document and in the copying/pasting the header the < and ? would be upside down causing all kinds of crap to happen. I was using Web Expression and it showed it correctly. So i got Xml Marker and opened up the xml file and it showed the error right away. http://www.download.com/XML-Marker/3000-2352_4-10207417.html. Also if i have made any typo, like forgetting a end tag it points it out. So try that and see if you can find the error. If not send me the file and Ill see what it is. Ill be on IRC tonite about 4pm central usa time.

the header of the bonus file has been fixed. The first error above, and others, persist. We will post screenshots of all the errors tonight.

edit: sorry, redundant post with niknaks'.

Thanks rockinroger, and to anyone else who shares any ideas about what may be causing our problems.

Give me until tonight to iron out the errors I can, and then I will let you know which files are still causing problems.

Our SVN repository is here.

For anyone who has never used one before, it's just an easy way to share mod files. You have to download this software to use it. A guide to getting set up with it is stickied in our forum.

I would recommend to you and anyone else willing to help with our problems, wait until I post here again before downloading our files. There are some errors I can fix myself, and will tonight when I have time.

I will post the problem files in this thread, so you can just grab them here if that is more convenient for you.

Here are the errors we are still getting.

The first one that comes up, as posted above by NikNaks:

Then, this:

Followed by same but with COLOR_YIELD_WILD_GAME missing, and then others. Obviously these tags from the yieldinfos file have to be defined somewhere, if someone could tell me where and with what, that would help. I do not know where these came from, or what we had in their place before. These just popped up after we updated the WoC version.

Then we get a bunch of these:

...then it looks like it is going to load, goes to a black screen, and then we get the grand finale:

and then it crashes.

Any help here will be much appreciated.

You can download the entire mod from the SVN, or just point your browser to that folder to download individual files.

I downloaded your svn, so Ill look at it tonite. What woc svn vresion did you update to? There was a problem with the trade good screen that sounds familiar to what you are seeing. So perhaps update to the latest python and restricted resources. Thats a best guess untill we look at it closer.

NikNaks will have to say for sure, but I believe these errors came about after he updated to the most recent WoC version. He will have to tell you exactly which one he used.

Hm, cannot check out the repository, I always get the message "Repository moved temporarily to viewvc/world2008mod/; please relocate".

But since I have not checked out anything yet, I cannot relocate.

Is the tar.gz up to date ?

Top Bottom