Upgrading units

magicshane

Chieftain
Hi, right now i'm in the year 300 something ad and am playing c3c. I have iron and the technology needed to build knights. I also built horsemen in a city with barracks. Unfortunately, when I try to upgrade them, there is no option on any of them. I tried pressing shift-u but the advisor told me I had no horsemen that can be upgraded to knights right now. Same thing happens with spearmen, warriors, and archers. I can't upgrade but I really need to. I'm in the middle of a war and my horsemen are getting destroyed by spearmen and longbowmen. Please help.

Do you have enough money to upgrade? If you're really cash-strapped (ex. you have 12 gold), it won't even give you the option to upgrade, and an "upgrade all" will tell you that you don't have any that can be upgraded.

I have over 1000 gold and have also tried ugrading separately. Still doesn't work.

Never mind. I figured it out from reading the can't upgrade warriors thread. I need to have my units standing in a city with barracks. I think.Thanks anyway.

Originally posted by ps2master2001
Never mind. I figured it out from reading the can't upgrade warriors thread. I need to have my units standing in a city with barracks. I think.Thanks anyway.

That is correct, units can only be upgraded in cities with barracks.

Top Bottom