Use of Mods in GotM

torsteinvh

Chieftain
What's the policy on UI mods?
In my regular games I'm using CQUI and some custom hotkeys. Nothing that changes gameplay in any way, just makes the user interface more streamlined. I would really like to use these mods in the 6OTM games as well...

What's the policy on UI mods?
In my regular games I'm using CQUI and some custom hotkeys. Nothing that changes gameplay in any way, just makes the user interface more streamlined. I would really like to use these mods in the 6OTM games as well...
Currently, we are not allowing use of mods.

I must say if we can have the same tolerance for some UI mods as Civ5 had for EUI i would really like it because the normal UI doesn't do a very good job at allowing us to manage a lot of cities (or trade routes). Sometimes feels like the developers decided the game was in need of some means of limiting ICS and an annoying UI was the best way to do it :spank:

The CQUI mod seems to be maturing nicely, would be really nice to be able to use it in the 6otM games.
Have the 6otM administrators had a change to consider this yet?

And thank you for the awesome job you do with the 6otM series. I will keep playing them mods or no mods :)

On the same vein as mods, will future GotM include DLC Civs?

I wish there was one featuring Poland, for example, for new ideas on such a versatile Civ.

We have used dlc in Civ5. Once Firaxis patches Civ6 so that dlc can be controlled/selected in the game's main menu, then we will consider it. I will not purchase dlc before that because managing it for GotM creation is a pain in the neck.

We also wait for STEAM sales so players can pick up the dlc and we exclude fewer people for a game.

We have used dlc in Civ5. Once Firaxis patches Civ6 so that dlc can be controlled/selected in the game's main menu, then we will consider it. I will not purchase dlc before that because managing it for GotM creation is a pain in the neck.

We also wait for STEAM sales so players can pick up the dlc and we exclude fewer people for a game.

They can be easily turned off and on in the Additional Content section of the main menu. I bought the digital delux version. All you do is deselect the content and make a GotM save. As to adding a new DLC civ as a playable Civ I think we should wait atleast 3 months so they will have been put on sale at least once. As we still have half of the civs to go thru a first run we have some time before the first of the DLC civs will work their way into the rotation.

I like the layout, but until any save can be used by it we cant use it in GotM.

The newest patch (Autumn 2017) allows save games to be loaded with a mod. Once CQUI is released, is it now allowed to use it for GOTM games?

No it does not. It is the same mod referenced when this thread was created. It's just a UI mod.

My understanding was that it had a minor effect on game play. Before we approve it, I need to know it does not as it would cause those using it to be playing a different game.

Purely UI mods do not affect saved games, but CQUI does. That could just be an oversight, but I suspect that some of their features like the production queue require it. Arguably, the production queue is a gameplay change, as it allows certain micromanagement styles that would not otherwise be possible.

The newest patch (Autumn 2017) allows save games to be loaded with a mod. Once CQUI is released, is it now allowed to use it for GOTM games?
Could you please clarify? I had not heard of this before. I thought mods that affect saved games could only be selected at start? Wouldn’t it break the game to add such a mod after start? Is there any discussion of this elsewhere?

Could you please clarify? I had not heard of this before. I thought mods that affect saved games could only be selected at start? Wouldn’t it break the game to add such a mod after start? Is there any discussion of this elsewhere?

It's an undocumented change, I found out by accident. I had some ui mods (surikrats ui tweaks, suzerain at a glance, and unique district icons) and loaded an old GOTM, the UI mods were active. That means when CQUI comes out, we should be able to play GOTM games with it; pending moderator approval, of course.

I made a coment about it in the "Undocumented Changes" thread, but no one really paid attention.

Top Bottom