Using Colonization Assets in Civ4 mod

Hmm, I too am tempted to add Bolivar to my Venezuela mod but I'm not sure "WHAT" can happen!

As for your question...yes MadmanOfALeader, I tried and it is possible...:D

I was trying to do something very similar, although with the King of Spain. For some reason, everything works...except for the eyebrows. I have bright pink lines over his eyes. I tried the same with Logan of the Iroquois as another Native leader and Civ, and I have the same problem. How did you avoid the graphics bugs?

I thought it had something to do with the lack of a noshader .nif file, but I'm not a graphics expert (I have done no graphics editing on my own). I tried substituting the base leaderhead's noshader *.nif file (for the King of Spain, it looks like Qin Shi Huang)...but that didn't work.

Or, what did you do to add him successfully? I've never added a Civ, so I'm making it up as I go along. I tried to upload the Native archers from the game (the Braves), and all I have is an archer who looks like he has been crucified (not animated at all).

copy the eyebrows.dds file from frontenac to the king-spain leaderhead folder and that fixes the pink eyes, put NONE for the nonshader file.

What I need is how to get the buttons to work, I get a pink box right now...

Okay, that fix worked for me. I got the icons by copying out the Colonization atlas thing.

More than likely, you copied just the Atlas map and its location on the map. Now, just make up a new file location, formatted like the normal Civ4 entries, immediately before it. I don't have my code with me at the moment, but you will have something like this:

,Art,...Colonization_Atlas,x,y

Just write this: ,Art/.../NAME.dds,Art...Colonization_Atlas,x,y

You don't actually need a file. I don't know why, but it works.

Did you use any music from Colonization? I tried to copy over some of the soundtracks, modified the AudioDefines, Audio2DScripts, and EraInfos, but it crashes every time I open it.

copy the eyebrows.dds file from frontenac to the king-spain leaderhead folder and that fixes the pink eyes, put NONE for the nonshader file.

What I need is how to get the buttons to work, I get a pink box right now...
Above information just SAVED me. Thank you google search!

I'm trying to use the asset of Man O' War from Colonization in BtS, which I find gorgeous, however it doesn't seem to work... It displays odd rays of light in game shortly before crashing. Is there any chance I could get any help here?

Attachments

• 20201030235603_1.jpg
    20201030235603_1.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 139
Top Bottom