Using Two Mods at Once

Yosemite

Yer Brain on Sean Connery
How might one go about using two mods at the same time? I've made my own, just modding the unit values a little bit. I just downloaded Snoopy's terrain pack, and the way I use that is by going to Civ-Content and selecting his terrain pack. But I can only select one thing at a time in the Civ-Content menu. How can I use the terrain pack on my mod?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you were to copy (and of course, make a backup first) Snoppy's Terrain files over the default files, you could use both your mod and Snoopy's at the same time.

Oh, and thread moved to C&C.

Or - which would be wiser - copy Snoopy's terrain files into your mod's folder and leave the default ones alone. That way, your mod will simply contain the graphics from Snoopy's mod.

There's no way to play two mods at once, so if you want to combine things from two, you must simply copy files from one to the other like this.

If your mod consists only of changes to the Editor, then it probably consists only of a biq file and doesn't have a folder for art yet. I wrote something about how to set up such a folder a while ago:

The first thing you need to do in the Editor is tell it to look for files in your mod’s folder. Go to the “Scenario” menu and choose “Scenario Properties”. There is a box called “Scenario Search Folders”. Here, type the name of your folder – “Mymod” or whatever. This means that the game will look for material in the Mymod folder. If it can’t find what it needs there, it will look in the main game folders. If it still can’t find it, it will crash.

You can tell it to look for multiple folders here. For example, you may be using units or other things that come in the Conquests scenarios. Say you’re using some graphic from the Rise of Rome scenario. You will need to enter into the box: “Mymod;..\conquests\Rise of Rome”. You can add as many more of these as you like. The game will always look first in the first folder specified, second in the second, and so on, before looking in the main game folders.

Mymod (and any other folders you use) must mimic the folder structure of the main game. Thus, the original CivIII folder is divided into Art and Text (and some other stuff that doesn’t concern us). “Text” contains several text files; “Art” is subdivided into various other folders, such as Units, Leaderheads, and so on. If you look in the PTW and the Conquests folders, you will see that they follow the same structure, but they don’t replicate everything. They contain only what is added or changed. For example, the PTW folder contains a Leaderheads folder that has material for the new LHs that came with PTW. The Conquests Units folder contains only the units that were added with Conquests. Mymod should be the same. If you add any units, you need to create a Units folder within Mymod\Art and put the graphics in there. If you don’t add any units, you don’t need a Units folder at all. The same for everything else.

In your case, once you've created the "Mymod" folder (or whatever you call it) and told the Editor to look in it, you just need to copy Snoopy's folders and files into it and you should be all set. Make sure you mimic the folder structure of Snoopy's folder exactly.

It's also possible to do some of the merging through the Scenario Properties search folder, correct?
(with the first folder in the list taking precedence over the other folders).

Can it mix and match this way? Say take Art/Unit/ data from both search folders and merge it.

Top Bottom