[Utility]Change the rules, play how you like with [Gamespeed Tuner]

Alright this is probably going to show what a total noob I am but what are the default settings for each speed? Where could I find that information?

alluraprime said:
...what are the default settings for each speed? Where could I find that information?

If you'll run the Gamespeed Tuner app and hit the 'Restore' button all settings will be changed back to defaults in all the speed settings and if you hit the 'Apply' button then the settings will be written to Civ4s 'CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml'. Either way it seems once you hit 'Restore' all changes you've made are lost ...

Been taking a closer look at this and I was mistaken ... when you hit 'Restore' then all settings are restored to defaults. The 'Apply' button is used after you make changes and then want to apply them ;)

Sounds like a cool tool. I like playing the longer games, but would rather the cost of units stay the same so you have longer times between techs, but more time to use everything, rather than wait forever to build a few units.

Anyone know if could edit the 'CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml' file to add a new game speed - say Marathon with normal unit costs? That would give me what I want while at the same time leaving the normal speeds intact.

EDIT: Also, any ideas what each of the lines mean, like unit 'discovery', 'greatwork', etc.?

I haven't tried it yet, but this is exactly the kind of utility we need. Things that speed up the long process of xml editing. Kepp on the good work!

Andrew_Jay said:
Sounds like a cool tool. I like playing the longer games, but would rather the cost of units stay the same so you have longer times between techs, but more time to use everything, rather than wait forever to build a few units.

Anyone know if could edit the 'CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml' file to add a new game speed - say Marathon with normal unit costs? That would give me what I want while at the same time leaving the normal speeds intact.

EDIT: Also, any ideas what each of the lines mean, like unit 'discovery', 'greatwork', etc.?

find it out your self, look for a game speed section in the file, copy it and paste it at the end with a different title, if you can the game will see the new game speed

i think a "new speed" option should be in this program, also maybe "copy as new" butten to make a similar speed option without effecting your save games that contain orignal speed values

Andrew_Jay said:

There is already a new Gamespeed that comes with the Gamespeed Tuner app called 'Marathon'. To use it just choose it in Single Player - Custom Game - Speed - the Marathon setting after running Gamespeed Tuner. To change how long it takes to produce units just modify the 'Unit Construction' setting (in the Gamespeed Tuner app window - Marathon tab - the higher the number the longer it takes to create a unit) and click 'Apply'. I'm testing the Marathon setting with a 'Unit Construction' setting of 150 right now and the results are pretty good ... ;)

Recursion said:
There is already a new Gamespeed that comes with the Gamespeed Tuner app called 'Marathon'. To use it just choose it in Single Player - Custom Game - Speed - the Marathon setting after running Gamespeed Tuner. To change how long it takes to produce units just modify the 'Unit Construction' setting (in the Gamespeed Tuner app window - Marathon tab - the higher the number the longer it takes to create a unit) and click 'Apply'. I'm testing the Marathon setting with a 'Unit Construction' setting of 150 right now and the results are pretty good ... ;)
wrong, marathon came with the latest CIV4 patch

evirus said:
wrong, marathon came with the latest CIV4 patch

oops - installed Gamespeed Tuner right after the 1.52 patch ... didn't realize Marathon was from the patch :blush:

I'd like to announce that Gamespeed Tuner as a seperate application, and with it this thread, will be abandoned.

Gamespeed Tuner has been absorbed or integrated by my major utility, the Atlas Map Generator (see my signature). A slightly improved version of Gamespeed Tuner 1.1 is included in atlas since Atlas 0.40.

Atlas, the utility that includes Gamespeed tuner can be downloaded from this thread or my site

Just downloaded your Atlas MapGenerator (v0.43) did alot of tweaking and saved it and then tried to play, and poof it crashed even before it started working???

PS> Here's what it said?
Could not convert 'isWOfRiver' into a Int32

Exception
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.ConvertFromString(IField field, String s, Type destType)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.NameValueAdapter.LoadValue(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext loadContext, IField field, Type destType)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.RiverAdapter.Load(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext loadContext, IConcept concept)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(PersistenceLoadContext persistenceContext, C concept)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.EmbeddedContainerAdapter`1.Load(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext loadContext, IConcept concept)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(PersistenceLoadContext persistenceContext, C concept)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.LoadScreen.DoLoad(Object param)
at Civ4MapGenerator.TaskScreen.RunThread(Object host)

Top Bottom