v152 Beta - Too many Resource

Prodigyx732

Chieftain
Not sure if you tweaked these settings or not in the new versions but like the title says, there's way too many resources (see pictures). I did 2 games, for the second game all the settings we're the same and everything, I just reinstalled the mod to make sure I didn't miss anything during the initial install process.

Epic/King/PangeaPlus/StrategicBalance

Only thing I could think to myself was "well hell, this is neither strategic nor balanced" Now believe me, I always play strategic balance. I like the idea of having "strategic" and "balanced" resources, sounds like my kind of game. However, never has it been "whale, fish, stone, whale, fish and atoll there, there, and there" Can't imagine what it would look like once you throw in iron, coal, oil, and uranium.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Civ5Screen0014.jpg
    Civ5Screen0014.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 99

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
I would not recommend using the "strategic balance" advanced game option. It just adds extra strategic resources near all the capitals. VEM's terrain generation system uses a better approach to placing strategic resources.

Bonus resources are different. Sirian's system adds bonus resources to "bad" terrain like snow and tundra. Removing that would make the land around Germany's capital nearly uninhabitable. :)

Prodigyx732

Chieftain
I figured that's something legendary start would do. The thing is though, I don't remember seeing 4 wine/horse or 3 deer/whale being right next to each other like that in the previous versions.

Edit: Yeah that makes sense, perhaps it's been like that all along and I just didn't notice. I was just a bit surprised to see 6 resources (especially 3 whales) right next to my starter city. I'll probably just play standard from now on and see how that goes.

Seek

Deity
Supporter
Lucky start! Luxuries are often grouped up in areas, it prevents every city from getting a unique luxury (and free happiness).

Top Bottom