V24 Bugs/crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't load my saves with the most recent version (build 3183).
Checking the svn-log i reverted to 3177, before the update of the gamecore.dll.

Now it loads again.

Couldn't load my saves with the most recent version (build 3183).
Checking the svn-log i reverted to 3177, before the update of the gamecore.dll.

Now it loads again.
What is the error message or if it crashes please post the minidump.

I'm still having the same error messages which start out Bug options. I have played to the Renaissance era on a gigantic map. I unchecked every box I saw that was read only in the mod files. I should add that version 24 as I have it, with the 2 patches breaks saved games from version 23, and I had no problem going from version 22 to 23 before. I am hesitant to try the SVN because I hear a lot of talk of crashes from there. Aside from the tribal guardian crash i have had no crashes from this version.

Dunno if anyone mentioned before, but Tribal Guardian is the easiest way to accidentally CRASH your game...
Simply by clicking on him...
Also, I don't really see his point to even exist...

Dunno if anyone mentioned before, but Tribal Guardian is the easiest way to accidentally CRASH your game...
Simply by clicking on him...
Also, I don't really see his point to even exist...

I'll put a patch in so that only the AI gets him. It is only there to stop them loosing their first city through "stupidity" anyway.

Game started and currently on SVN 3183, Divine Prophets on, Choose religions off.

Arabia is the first to research Druidism. He gets the GP, the small hand icon is removed from the lower right of the tech button, all as expected.

The save file is the turn before I am the first to research Shamanism. You can clear the research and see the hand icon in the lower right of the tech button. However when I complete the turn and am the first to research Shamanism, I get no GP or Missionairy and no religion. I used the WB and confirmed that no one else has gotten this first. No GPs, no Missionaries, no religion. I am losing my religion!

Sorry I can't resist this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg

I'll put a patch in so that only the AI gets him. It is only there to stop them loosing their first city through "stupidity" anyway.

Whoa! Please don't, there's really no way to defend your starting city until Slingers (and I laugh a bit at that, really Atl-Atls are necessary), especially with the new insane unit build times.

I have not seen the game crashing due to 'Clicking on the unit' though some people have mentioned trying to move it will cause a crash.

Whoa! Please don't, there's really no way to defend your starting city until Slingers (and I laugh a bit at that, really Atl-Atls are necessary), especially with the new insane unit build times.

I have not seen the game crashing due to 'Clicking on the unit' though some people have mentioned trying to move it will cause a crash.

This. I have clicked on the Tribal Guardian before, and it has never caused a CTD for me.

Maybe he has to be ACTIVE...
But I clicked twice, and both were crashes.
No more tests, of course...
(Why should I waste 5 minutes on loading the game and the save?)
Anyways, why can't you make him a NORMAL unit?
With 0 movement, being created by the "game creation" event or whatever.
Cause all this crashing is definitely due to him being something "not normal"...

Maybe he has to be ACTIVE...
But I clicked twice, and both were crashes.
No more tests, of course...
(Why should I waste 5 minutes on loading the game and the save?)
Anyways, why can't you make him a NORMAL unit?
With 0 movement, being created by the "game creation" event or whatever.
Cause all this crashing is definitely due to him being something "not normal"...
It is a normal unit with 0 movement.

Alright, looks live I've found a small bug (http://i.imgur.com/gRaI7.jpg).

The Loki Fist model changes based on whether or not its selected.

That said, the unit is awesome and the whole idea of religions providing unique units is excellent. Congratulations :D

So, any idea why I get those crashes by simply clicking him?
I do NOT want to experiment more...
Two or three times was enough to be sure of the source.

never crashed for me, if you change your mind, post the dumpfile and maybe someone will look at it and figure it out.

2Koshling - i will check savegame (one with caravels) and see if issue have been resolved. I am pretty sure i had viewports on and some stacks were on auto explore.

More on weird AI behavior: okay, i started another game as Koreans (2 hour old version of SVN). I just researched tribalism, and since Wang Gon is deceiver i have espionage advantage over close neighbour (spain) so i can see into his city what he is building - he kept building troops without sending them anywhere, sometimes he builds other buildings but then switch back to troops, he has now like 40-50 or so total (that is before tribalism! and he has no war), dropping his research from 90 to 0, losing all gold over this so his units go in strike. Now his research went up and is 5% but he is still building troops ... Not sure about other AIs (cant look into their capitals), but i am 1st with GNP at 125 with closest AI at 82. This is on immortal-deity ...

Something wrong is in AI code.

Savegame attached.

2Koshling - i will check savegame (one with caravels) and see if issue have been resolved. I am pretty sure i had viewports on and some stacks were on auto explore.

More on weird AI behavior: okay, i started another game as Koreans (2 hour old version of SVN). I just researched tribalism, and since Wang Gon is deceiver i have espionage advantage over close neighbour (spain) so i can see into his city what he is building - he kept building troops without sending them anywhere, sometimes he builds other buildings but then switch back to troops, he has now like 40-50 or so total (that is before tribalism! and he has no war), dropping his research from 90 to 0, losing all gold over this so his units go in strike. Now his research went up and is 5% but he is still building troops ... Not sure about other AIs (cant look into their capitals), but i am 1st with GNP at 125 with closest AI at 82. This is on immortal-deity ...

Something wrong is in AI code.

Savegame attached.

Koshling just fixed (30 mins ago) a huge AI bug where the AI thought that it's military strength was 1/100th of what the strength actually was. That probably was causing this issue, so an SVN update may be in order.

Koshling just fixed (30 mins ago) a huge AI bug where the AI thought that it's military strength was 1/100th of what the strength actually was. That probably was causing this issue, so an SVN update may be in order.

ahh, great, ty :)

edit: I updated SVN and tried to continue current game, ran it for 50-60 turns. Unfortunately bug is still there - AI adopts tribal (several of them), and keep to build dozens of units to disband them later cause of strike, and does not build research or tribes or build any new cities.

Game started and currently on SVN 3183, Divine Prophets on, Choose religions off.

Arabia is the first to research Druidism. He gets the GP, the small hand icon is removed from the lower right of the tech button, all as expected.

The save file is the turn before I am the first to research Shamanism. You can clear the research and see the hand icon in the lower right of the tech button. However when I complete the turn and am the first to research Shamanism, I get no GP or Missionairy and no religion. I used the WB and confirmed that no one else has gotten this first. No GPs, no Missionaries, no religion. I am losing my religion!

Sorry I can't resist this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg

You should have gotten a Great Prophet. I'll check the XML again.

Alright, looks live I've found a small bug (http://i.imgur.com/gRaI7.jpg).

The Loki Fist model changes based on whether or not its selected.

That said, the unit is awesome and the whole idea of religions providing unique units is excellent. Congratulations :D

This should only happen if you have animations off. Is that the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom