V24 Bugs/crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second save has it empty but that's no help in diagnosing WHY it got that way. I need to get it to do that for me again from the first save, and I haven't found a way to reproduce that. As I say, moving the rogue to where it winds up in the second save, and then letting the AI play its turn does NOT do it again for me. If you can give me a recipe of moves you make from the first save to get it to reproduce that is what I need.

Oh, ok i see what your saying, but in answer to that, no i cant, i only have 10 re-saves per and its been over ten turns since i did that sorry.

Hello,the c2c have a graphics issue in aura of the first unit - The Wanderer - in the left down corner of screen, when we select the unit, the aura around the head of unit is a black square.

Thanks!

Oh, ok i see what your saying, but in answer to that, no i cant, i only have 10 re-saves per and its been over ten turns since i did that sorry.

The download is still available that you put up for me, so you could get them back from there.

@Koshling:

Here is a save that can repeat the issue. Take Tracker 1 and move him down 2 squares, and you will reveal an ocean tile exhibiting the issue.

Still can't reproduce it. Here's how the resulting picture (after moving the tracker 2 tiles south) looks for me:

Edit - nvm - managed to reproduce it now by moving things in a different order so the tracker is last.

Edit 2 - I'm completely stumped by this. I can't find anything that will cause the engine to display the wave layer (which is what is missing) short of blowing the entire map away and regenerating it (as a viewport switch does). Entirely rebuilding the graphics for the tile doesn't add the wave layer :( Doing exactly the same for the entire map does! Going to have to sleep on it and see if I have any bright ideas tomorrow. Right now the only solution I can find adds about 3 seconds to moving the revealing unit which (IMO) is considerably worse than the problem. Only compromise I can think of is doing the map redraw at the end of each turn (if this situation is detected - it IS detectable), which would mean the view would contain the waveless ocean until the edn of the turn, but then fix itself up.

Still seeing halos on the latest SVN, in area that was unexplored before I upgraded (I thought there were some SVN changes to address this). My Caravel/Carrack fleet has been busy exploring the oceans and hunting sea animals (sea animals + Barbarian Generals + first to Optics + large fleet = great for GG points).

View attachment 327308

Is there a way to force a complete refresh/redraw of the map?

Still don't know the underlying cause of this, but I have just pushed a change that means doing a modifier recalc will at least cure it.

When I load up my saved game a screen pops up saying

Unreadable Save Game

Save Format is not compatible due to missing class
EVENTTRIGGER_NATIVEGOOD_1

When this pops up when i push ok it quits civ 4
Any help would be appreciated Thanks

This is happening to me again using the current svn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom