Vampire Empire

That worked like a charm!..I now have pirates roaming the waves!..Har!..and thanks!..You say I can add more to that folder?...If so..this is wonderful news!..:D

You betcha, just keep in mind, the more modular civs you have the longer it will take to start Civ4, so i suggest you only put the civs you are going to play at one time in there, then if you want another choice do the same thing.;)

So what did you'll do wrong then? Just curious?

Well the only difference between what you gave me and what I did was a custom units file in yours..mine didnt have that. I didnt see that in the instructions I first followed. Maybe that was the difference.:confused:
But Im really not sure..but right now though, Henry Morgan is being the scourge of the currently known world...so all is well!:lol:

A friend just called and he has Windows XP and cannot get more than blobs to show either. Mine is fine now thanks to you ..but is the process for XP different? He is monitoring this post and will look for your help. Thanks!:crazyeye:

A friend just called and he has Windows XP and cannot get more than blobs to show either. Mine is fine now thanks to you ..but is the process for XP different? He is monitoring this post and will look for your help. Thanks!:crazyeye:

Nope they are the same, tell him just to d/l the same thing and try it out.

OK, thx. But as for the "civ" (not mod) it is a file you have to put in the Custom Civilization folder.

I tell you what i made a MOD type blank folders for ya, all again you have to do is put the "civs" you want in the Custom Civ folder and you can play any modular civ you want along with the standard civs also, but of course you have to add the civs you want to play, also if you want to rename the "Copy Civ1" make sure you do that with the above thread posted advise also, in the assets folder, cause if you change one thing you have to change a few more things.
I hope this works for ya, and just remember to always "Just Have Fun."

http://files.filefront.com/Copy+Civ1rar/;11435157;/fileinfo.html

I too am running Vista (Vista 64)

I downloaded your copy civ1.rar and extracted it to this path:

H:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Copy Civ\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations

I have 3 custom civs in the Custom Civilizations folder. Israel1, Native America, and Serbia.

I start the game, click advanced, click on load a mod, and select copy civ.

When it loads and i get to the point where i am suppose to choose a civilation I don't see any of the 3 listed. I'm sorry if I'm doing it way wrong, but I need some advice.

Thanks a lot.

I too am running Vista (Vista 64)

I downloaded your copy civ1.rar and extracted it to this path:

H:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Copy Civ\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations

I have 3 custom civs in the Custom Civilizations folder. Israel1, Native America, and Serbia.

I start the game, click advanced, click on load a mod, and select copy civ.

When it loads and i get to the point where i am suppose to choose a civilation I don't see any of the 3 listed. I'm sorry if I'm doing it way wrong, but I need some advice.

Thanks a lot.

where did you put the civs?

btw, Welcome to CFC

I put them in the custom civ folder I listed in the path.

Thanks for the welcome. I registered last summer but for some reason I never posted before now. I downloaded your Next War advanced as well and I'm having the problem you listed in your post about no interface for Vista (I'm running Vista 64) so I'm also trying the 2 methods you listed to fix that problem.

Er sorry, I need to stay on topic :)

I didn't edit any other files.. like the civ4.ini file, was I suppose to change anything else to get a civ to show up?

I put them in the custom civ folder I listed in the path.

Thanks for the welcome. I registered last summer but for some reason I never posted before now. I downloaded your Next War advanced as well and I'm having the problem you listed in your post about no interface for Vista (I'm running Vista 64) so I'm also trying the 2 methods you listed to fix that problem.

Er sorry, I need to stay on topic :)

I didn't edit any other files.. like the civ4.ini file, was I suppose to change anything else to get a civ to show up?

Nope if you are using my Copy Civ and didnt change anything whatsoever and just put the civs in the Custom Civilzation folder, then everything should work correctly.

Not worried about getting them 3 to work. I installed your next war advanced and its amazing. I could see me spending months playing this (huge mod.)

Thanks for all your help and time making the mod of course.

It would be cool if you used the animated Vlad Tepes (I know he isn't really a Vampire, but its a cool homage) and NikNak's Mary Queen of Scots animated LH (without fixing the eyes, because they glow red) for leaderheads for this mod, it would be pretty cool.

I don't like using fantasy civs though, otherwise I would have done it myself and posted it up for everyone. Just an idea.

Ok, I downloaded your copy civ1 folder, put it in my Bts mods folder, and am now trying to get Nazi Germany (I hate them, so I wanted to defeat there evil empire) to work. I put it in the custom civs folder, but when I load the mod, nothing changes. Plus I did edit civ4 config to modular loading 1. I'm sorry that this isn't an active thread, but I really need the answer. Do I go into the the Nazi folder and take the file from custom civs to the copyciv1 custom civs?

Ok, I downloaded your copy civ1 folder, put it in my Bts mods folder, and am now trying to get Nazi Germany (I hate them, so I wanted to defeat there evil empire) to work. I put it in the custom civs folder, but when I load the mod, nothing changes. Plus I did edit civ4 config to modular loading 1. I'm sorry that this isn't an active thread, but I really need the answer. Do I go into the the Nazi folder and take the file from custom civs to the copyciv1 custom civs?

OK, i dont know which copyciv you have and yes you must take the folder out of the rar/zip and place it in the Custom Civ folder.

If this still does not work, just send me a copy of your copy civ, you might have changed something??:mischief:

btw, i will be updating all my civs with new leaders and units down the future so it isnt a big thing to resurrect my files.

Good news, I got MOST of the civs to work ( I have the copy civ1 that you had a link to download on load a civ mod page 2, I'm quite sure.) But nazi germany behaves differently example: Nazi Germany-assets- Art, modules, Xml- (in the modules folder) custom civs- nazi germany. On it's own the mod works fine. I'm just wondering if there's any way I can play it in my copyciv1 mod so that I can play all of my other custom civs too. Thanks for the quick reply, too!

Good news, I got MOST of the civs to work ( I have the copy civ1 that you had a link to download on load a civ mod page 2, I'm quite sure.) But nazi germany behaves differently example: Nazi Germany-assets- Art, modules, Xml- (in the modules folder) custom civs- nazi germany. On it's own the mod works fine. I'm just wondering if there's any way I can play it in my copyciv1 mod so that I can play all of my other custom civs too. Thanks for the quick reply, too!

Depends on what you mean by other custom civs, if your just adding modular civs, they all go into the Custom Civ folder, but if you mean in a different mod, then you have to take steps to do things different.

The Nazi mod is modular, but as I said before, it has a different folder structure. If I take Nazi germany from the custom civs folder of nazi germany and put it into my copyciv1 folder in custom civs, when I load the mod, The Nazis appear as pink squares. I can get any other modular civ to work, b/e their file structure is: assets/modules/custom civs. I CAN get Germany to work if I play it on it's own without my copyciv1 folder, which is annoying.

The Nazi mod is modular, but as I said before, it has a different folder structure. If I take Nazi germany from the custom civs folder of nazi germany and put it into my copyciv1 folder in custom civs, when I load the mod, The Nazis appear as pink squares. I can get any other modular civ to work, b/e their file structure is: assets/modules/custom civs. I CAN get Germany to work if I play it on it's own without my copyciv1 folder, which is annoying.

OK send me a copy of your copyciv and let me look at it ok.

Sorry! i'm new and don't know how.All that I know is that I didn't change anything to that file you posted on filefront besides adding modular civilizations too it.

Sorry! i'm new and don't know how.All that I know is that I didn't change anything to that file you posted on filefront besides adding modular civilizations too it.

OK, make sure you take all the civs out and just send the copyciv you have, make it a zip or rar file and attach it (middle of post) right above the second submit reply.

Top Bottom