Variant for DG5?

How does one win a game with only 5 cities? Not even going to ask about 1 city! Yah sure, there are articles, but they don't seem to help in understanding it. Is the secret in playing on small or tiny maps? I tend towards large or standard maps, and find I die quickly if I don't have more cities than the strongest AI because I either fall so far behind in tech it isn't funny, or my neighbors outproduce me in number of units and walk all over me.

My opinion on the issue at hand is to play a relatively normal game so that us non-deity players can feel useful. :p

I think I've seen one done with a large map (succession game - can't seem to find it), although, I think that was a OCC. It might be interesting, although we'd have to hope for:

1 - A monopoly on a resource.
2 - Availability of iron & coal.
3 - Rivers (for increased commerce so that we can research better).

We might even need to pick a commercial civ again. (India, England, Greece...)

DaveShack said:
How does one win a game with only 5 cities? Not even going to ask about 1 city! Yah sure, there are articles, but they don't seem to help in understanding it. Is the secret in playing on small or tiny maps? I tend towards large or standard maps, and find I die quickly if I don't have more cities than the strongest AI because I either fall so far behind in tech it isn't funny, or my neighbors outproduce me in number of units and walk all over me.

My opinion on the issue at hand is to play a relatively normal game so that us non-deity players can feel useful. :p
I will second that Dave :).

we have to do it!
altho we dont want a map larger than standard, and maybe play on regent
the demo game would be alot more interesting:)

I would prefer a normal game on a higher difficulty (emperor). I am not really fond of those #CC variants. In my opinion it doesn't give the ultimate feeling of ruling an empire( :king: ), if you only have 5 cities.

Top Bottom