1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Varietas Delectat for Rhye's and Fall

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Lone Wolf, Jun 21, 2008.

1. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

is it possible for you to make independant states in india for example looks like indian civ?

2. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

There's only two independent civs in RFC. If you want to give them, for example, Indian look, you will have to prepare to see Indian-looking independents in France, Egypt, China and Yucatán.

3. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

Lone Wolf can you explain how to install the mod? because with the upload, there is a lot of file that we don't know where to put. thank you.

4. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

This file alone isn't enough. You need globalTypes to actually tell the computer to use the specific city sets and plotLSystem for specific improvements (pastures and towns).

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Didn't know it, thanks. Well, I did include these files you contributed...

6. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

and can you change the installation instruction too please, with the new files it become very complicated to install the mod(there is win rar files In the principal win rar files!)?

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Yeah, there are. They are Onedreamer's fixes. You just unzip them the second time. :)

8. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Is it possible to set it up for the RFCEurope?

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

No .

10. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

can't you just replace the old files by the new files in order to simplify the installation for noob like me?

11. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

CIV4CityLSystem.xml goes to

Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Buildings.

The PlotLSystem (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=197926&d=1229857862) goes to \Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Buildings.

The GLobalTypes.xml (http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=197035&d=1229160988)

Goes to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization/Assets/XML.

Or you just can not bother with these files, in that case you will have normal RFC city sets.

12. kravixon

kravixon Chieftain

I don't know if you want feedback, but some of the buttons are messed up. The Japanese Trireme and Galley icon both look the same, for instance.

A slightly more annoying error is the Japanese riflemen. The 'mini' image on the bottom left is all blacked out except for a sword, while the "ingame" rifleman looks fine.

It's stable though and otherwise works great. Thanks for modulating it.

13. Cetrix

Cetrix Merovingian

Thanks for the refresh of the download link :) Let's try !

14. Aprisis

Aprisis Chieftain

owhh damn..mine's not working.

I unzipped it to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets

Then i edited the .ini file.

There's no changes. There was an exception though, once I placed the CityLSystem into XML\Buildings, all the cities in the game have nothing except for a palace and barren lands.

Anyone able to help? I'm like, so disappointed now =(

15. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Do you have *.FPK files in the zip? If yes, then it seems that modular loading was off. Are you sure you edited the ini file correctly?

16. Aprisis

Aprisis Chieftain

I edited the ini file into
    Wolf by the phrase in the zip do you mean inside the zip file I downloaded or the .FPK files inside Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\RFC VD? If it is the latter, I have CD_v1.1.FPK, EthnicCitystyles_v1.03.FPK, and VarietasDelectat_v4.0.FPK. Are they suppose to disappear after modular loading is enabled? Or am I suppose to manually delete them?

17. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

No and no, they contain the graphics. I meant "if you have them, then something else is wrong".

Ah, I realize it now. Try moving everything in the the RFC VD folder contains one folder higher - to Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall RAND\Assets.

The content was supposed to unzip straight to the "assets" folder, the RFC VD folder was a mistake when I reuploaded the thing.

18. Aprisis

Aprisis Chieftain

Everything's working now. Thanks Lonewolf!

19. asakyo86

asakyo86 Chieftain

Is there a version for warlords? :)

20. Nerowannabe

Nerowannabe Chieftain

I can't seem to get it to work I'm running the 3.17 patch installed it in the right place and started a new game.