1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Varietas Delectat for Rhye's and Fall

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Lone Wolf, Jun 21, 2008.

1. The_Stranger1

The_Stranger1 Chieftain

Whenever I try and load a saved game, I am now getting a "memory allocation error" that comes up when the graphics load. Also, sometimes the entire world turns brown :eek:...any ideas?

2. kravixon

kravixon Chieftain

Were you playing as greece? Someone else mentioned the error when playing the greeks, and I updated the version and continued playing my saved greek game, and I get the error maybe 30% of the time I load my game.

It might be a coincidence though, and have nothing to do with the greek civ. Maybe I put extra files that didn't need to be there or something. Anyone else have trouble?

3. The_Stranger1

The_Stranger1 Chieftain

whenever I try and load a save after playing for time, I get the memory allocation error. I don't get the error when I start the game, though. I also crash when I win a game :'(

And, ya, I was playing Greeks, though I've crashed with Ethiopia also.

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Try loading the save, but replacing the only non-modular XML file I mentoined with the original CityLSystem XML file.

5. kravixon

kravixon Chieftain

It appears that I was dense enough to not backup the original cityLsystem, so here's to hoping that the fatal errors can be fixed :beer:

6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Well, it does work perfectly for me. Then again, I'm playing Spanish now.

7. kravixon

kravixon Chieftain

Can you confirm if you can load a game or start a new one while you already have a saved game running?

Both of these things causes the fatal error for me.

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

9. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

I'm using this patch, and I think it's a great enhancement - thanks!

But I've noticed that in the city build queue, the icon for Swordsman is now showing the Maceman icon instead? Mousing over the icon, it comes up as Swordsman, but it definitely looks like a Maceman in the mini-picture. I noticed this yesterday when I was playing as Persia.

Is this a known bug with the varietas delectat patch for RFC?

10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

11. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

England has the Redcoat portrait for both Musketman and Redcoat. Maybe it's the same case here?

12. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

Thanks for adding that one to the opening post.

EDIT:
    I don't want to triple post but is it only me who thinks the two Indias have been mixed up? I don't think any civilization around the Indus Valley had teepees or strawhuts in their cities. :p

13. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

In VD, English Musketman has the original Redcoat animation, while English Redcoat looks like a British solider from the latter half of 19th century, just before the introduction of khaki uniforms.

The portraits, through. Well, I can look into it... Althrough I dunno, if it's worth it.

14. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

:D Sorry, this is right. Hadn't played until the introduction of actual Redcoats yesterday, now I know better.
    So, is it done on purpose that sometimes Galleons and Caravels share the same portrait? While I think this is refreshing change, it's a little confusing sometimes.

Oh yeah, any idea how to fix the Indian ethnic city-style problem? Currently they're using the city-style of Columbus' Indians, meaning Native Americans. Not the one they should be using. But I'm guessing it's labelled as INDIAN in the files?

15. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

It is a specific bug with the persian swordsman, already there from the previous version.

16. The_Stranger1

The_Stranger1 Chieftain

Edit: Never mind :)

17. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

will you make a new version for the new version of RFC? I hope i will be able to play with this mod!

18. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I think that VD for Rhye's will work perfectly with the new version too.

19. -Perceval-

-Perceval- Chieftain

did you try?
    i have another question: is the ethnic citystyle of your mod in 1.04?

20. cfkane

cfkane Chieftain

I've been playing as a Chinese for a bit, and I noticed that in the civlopedia, it looks like the varietas graphics for the more modern units (riflemen, tanks etc.) aren't being used. Is this on purpose?