1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Version 2.5beta patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Acerbus

Acerbus Chieftain

I seem to have run into a problem.

I play on the Giant Earth Map with snail speed on 2.502 (I have XP, a 256 Mb GeForce 8600 and 2 Gb of ram). As there are quite a few civilizations (around 20 or so) and the world is quite large, it usually takes quite a lot of time for turns to come to an end. Even so, usually I only have to wait 1 or 2 minutes after I click the end turn button. I do get the occasional CTD, but not very often. I run quite high graphics settings as I don't really lag all that much.

However, late in the industrial era, I clicked on the end turn button. Everything started well, movement on the map went very choppy as it always does, all the animation stopped and I saw that new scores were being calculated on the score board. Then, suddenly, all animation started working again and I could move around the map very smoothly, as if it were my turn. However, the cursor still showed its "thinking" animation, a flashing text on the bottom said "Waiting for other civilizations" and I couldn't do anything with my units. I could still access the pedia and main menu. It stayed in this very same state for around 10 minutes without any visible changes, at which point I quit the game. I tried again a few times, loading a save and ending the turn again, but this happens every time.

I know that a new version of the mod is out, but I have invested quite some time in this save and I don't want to lose it :( . Should I lower my graphics settings or something? Is there any way to bypass this problem?

EDIT: Hm, lowering the graphics to minimum didn't work. However, when I clicked "retire" in the main menu while waiting for the turn to end, the problem went away for a minute or so and I could start my turn normally before the dialogue box with "you lost" popped up.

2. little_cyclone

little_cyclone Loyal Civ4 & C2C mod player

I've had one of these pop up myself. Fortunately it was out beyond a cities cross so it wasn't debilitating, but could still be a problem :(

Something else I've noticed. Well into the Modern era and a large majority of the AI civs playing still use slavery..

Ditto.

If you click on the city's bar it'll bring up the build queue & buildable list without actually going into the city.

I've also run into the unfortunate problem of the U.N. not being able to be built. I'm playing a Domination Game on a Donut Map and was looking forward to utilizing Hidden Nation U.N. forces, so I rushed my research in that direction, only to have the U.N. not show up anywhere in any of my cities. Its not that its greyed out as "can't be built, only x wonders per city, etc", its just not present at all!

3. Stormwind

Stormwind King

I think this happens, when Diplomatic Victory is disabled. I disabled Spaceship Race once and couldn't build anything related to space.

4. little_cyclone

I should still at least be able to build the UN, and propose/vote on resolutions, for example: 1 currency planet, open borders with all, etc. Just not have the option to vote for diplomatic victory.

5. rabber

rabber Chieftain

When you disable the Diplomatic Victory the UN cannot be built. While I agree that it would be nice to have it around with all possible resolutions except for diplomatic victory, this isn't possible. All versions of Civ IV disable the UN when diplomatic victory is disabled.

6. little_cyclone

Hmmmm.. I could have sworn I was still able to build it before w/out having Diplomatic Victory selected... I must be mistaken... :(

7. Grimz101

Grimz101 King

Screenshot & save below.
    Basicly im in my vassals capital city, with a huge stack defending from the other AI which is attacking, my stack includes 15 catapults, and for some unknown reason i cannot actually bombard the enemy AI's stack, which sucks because if i could bombard them, then i would start wiping out their stack with minimal loses, then go on to launch a counter offensive =(!

Attached Files:

8. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I'll try to upload v2.52 patch later this week. The patch will fix few things:

Spoiler :
    Version 2.52
    ------------

Mods
    ----
    - Updated: Orion's Inquisition from 1.01f to 2.00a (several fixes to Inquisition & Religion system)

Game defines
    ------------
    - Added: setting to GameDefinesAlt.xml to turn on Multiplayer fix for Colonist/Pioneer units. Set to 1 for multiplayer games. Separate multiplayer fix file no longer needed.

Python
    ------
    - Changed: onUnitBuilt in CvEventmanager, added extra check so that game doesn't make unnecessary civic checks until player reaches Future Era
    - Changed: SettlerEventManager now checks if Multiplayer fix is turned on in GameDefinesAlt.xml
    - Fixed: Inquisition code blocks moved from BugEventManager to CvEventManager, no longer 2 different event methods to Inquisition functions

CityLSystem
    -----------
    - Fixed: Arcology no longer scale around the city, instead it's placed on city center with set scale (in building art defines)

I was going to release it today but just because I had crash on last test run, I'll have to recheck the files and run some more tests. Yesterday when I ran about 10 different tests with different game settings, all seemed to be ok.

9. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

10. MaXaNDeR

MaXaNDeR Chieftain

I can't find GameDefinesAlt.xml to alt for multi player mode. Where it is located?

11. joelrehel

joelrehel Chieftain

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\xml folder... open with office word

Zap in the GlobalDefinesAlt file if i change the ROM_MULTIPLAYER_FIX value from 0 to 1 that corrects multiplayer issues????

12. MaXaNDeR

MaXaNDeR Chieftain

Can you also state how I can disable revolution mod options to play multiplayer without sync error.

13. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

ROM_MULTIPLAYER_FIX only disables features from Colonist and Pioneer units which are known to cause OOS errors. So changing value to 1 fixes this issue but this doesn't fix some other issues from RevDCM components as they are more complicated to fix.

Revolution

- Can be turned off from Game Options when starting Custom Game (scroll down the option list)

- Some of the settings can be found from Revolution.ini in the Rise of Mankind -folder

- More settings in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml -file in the Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML -folder

Dale's Combat Mod

- Edit GlobalDefinesAlt.xml -file in the Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML -folder

Influence Driven War

Inquisition

Limited Religions

Dynamic Civ Names

- Can be turned off from Game Options when starting Custom Game (scroll down the option list)

Tech Diffusion

Barbarian Civs

Start as Minor Civs

- Can be turned on from Game Options when starting Custom Game (scroll down the option list)

14. High_Elf_Lord-M

High_Elf_Lord-M Chieftain

hi
    i have bts 3.17 installed and downloaded the rise of mankind 2.51 megapack.
    when i start the mod i get the main menu screen with no visible menus?
    any ideas?

15. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

Does anyone have any idea why I get the message that my game version is different from my partners in multiplayer games? We get the *mod* tag on my games. I have the exact same mod files as they do and am playing BTS version 3.17. Where would I look to change that? They get a message saying that my files are different.

16. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Nope, there isnt Zappara. Could you please post the file?

Thnx :)

17. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

It should be in RoM 2.5 zip if you are using that version.. RoM 2.6 however do not need that fix no longer as it uses completely new BugPath.py file - if you try to use the fix made for 2.5 in 2.6 most likely you'll run into more problems because of the changes made to BugPath.py file. Now in problem situations you should use AltRoot.py file which is in v2.6 located in 'Rise of Mankind' folder. Open it to Notepad and follow the instructions there.

18. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Hail Zappara!!!

19. andydav007

andydav007 Chieftain

im utterly stupid. can someone please do an no-geek-speak-im-about-age-8 walkthrough please. when i try and load the mod i get no UI at all. my mates computer who im networked with works fine.

I have no UI with only ONLY this mod and i dont understand all these file names. please please pleeease help...!!!

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

andydav007,

1st which version do you have installed?

2.5? 2.6?

If 2.5 use the BugPath.py zip file found inside Rise of mankind Mod folder.

If 2.6

In 2.6 the CivAltRoot (AltRoot.py) is found the Main RoM folder. Right click the file and use "Open with" Select the button for "Select program from a list". This brings up a window with different programs. Notepad is one of them. select Notepad to open the file with. Once opened read the file and follow it's instructions.

Hope this helps.

JosEPh :)