Version 2.5beta patch

Getting crashes quite often saying the game has run out of video memory - I have a 512mb 8800GT, 2gb Ram.
Running 2.501.

Assuming I can patch to 2.502 straight and not need to reinstall the whole mod and/or start a new game?

You Need the Official 3.17 patch before you use Solver's Unofficial 3.17 patch.

You used the Updater under Options to install the 3.17 patch?

JosEPh

Don't worry i reinstall game and patched official 3.17 patch and interface in game begin working :)
Thanks a lot:goodjob:

Ok, another question for you all. Do you find that the financial civs are definitely over powered? Because so much of the research is based on commerce, their commerce bonuses, if carefully used, give them HUGE research bonuses and soon they are almost unbeatable.

Anyone have any idea if it is possible to base research more realistically on part commerce and part other factors, such as population (more people make for more research), happiness or?

Also, the points for the point victory are heavily weighted in favor of population. That seems odd, there are a lot more important things to weigh, commerce, military, happiness, etc.

Anyone have great ideas? Is this the right thread? :) We are playing the 2.502 beta, love it.

Getting crashes quite often saying the game has run out of video memory - I have a 512mb 8800GT, 2gb Ram.
Running 2.501.

Assuming I can patch to 2.502 straight and not need to reinstall the whole mod and/or start a new game?

Yes you can patch to 2.502 and continue saved game from 2.501. I have.

As for running out of video memory. Some motherboards BIOS setting allow for AGP Aperture settings to be changed. I was having video problems similar to yours. Turns out my ASUS mobo allows for AGP Aperture setting changes. Mine was set to 64mb of video ram. I had a 256 mb vid card. When I changed the Aperture setting to 256mb (fully utilizing the vid cards ram) my video smoothed out and no more problems. Plese don't exceed you vid cards total ram.

If your Mobo BIOS has a Chip Setting section look for AGP Aperture settings under it. Not all Mobo's allow this but many do.

Hope this helps.

JosEPh :)

okay i'm having the no interface problem
Fresh install of BTS
patched to 3.17
than patched with unofficial patch 0.21
installed bluemarble 4.2
installed bug MOD 3.51
merged bug mod with better_bts_ai_0_45

game works perfectly at this point and with interface
installed rise of mankind 2.4 and patched to 2_502beta
when mod is loaded there is no interface
when mod is not loaded there is an interface
tried fix replacing BugPath.py with one in 2_502beta patch
did not work
As bugpath.py in 2_502beta patch is listed as from bug mod 3.0
I tried using bugpath.py from bug mod 3.51
this did not work either
Any suggestions please?

okay i'm having the no interface problem
Fresh install of BTS
patched to 3.17
than patched with unofficial patch 0.21
installed bluemarble 4.2
installed bug MOD 3.51
merged bug mod with better_bts_ai_0_45

game works perfectly at this point and with interface
installed rise of mankind 2.4 and patched to 2_502beta
when mod is loaded there is no interface
when mod is not loaded there is an interface
tried fix replacing BugPath.py with one in 2_502beta patch
did not work
As bugpath.py in 2_502beta patch is listed as from bug mod 3.0
I tried using bugpath.py from bug mod 3.51
this did not work either
Any suggestions please?

Reinstall game-->patch to 3.17-->install Rise of Mankind 2.4-->patch to 2.502beta-->replacing BugPath.py and PLAY:) I doing this and interface begin working

5 Legendary cities may be a lot when you play normal/small sized maps.. how many temple do you need to build 5 special temple buildings (mandir, cathedral, panthenon,.. +50% culture)?

5 Legendary cities may be a lot when you play normal/small sized maps.. how many temple do you need to build 5 special temple buildings (mandir, cathedral, panthenon,.. +50% culture)?

I agree with that, but I believe this is a temporary measure that'll be disabled after Zap add new culture levels.

Reinstall game-->patch to 3.17-->install Rise of Mankind 2.4-->patch to 2.502beta-->replacing BugPath.py and PLAY:) I doing this and interface begin working

while this is helpful and does work
i'm trying to look for a way to get Rise of mankind interface working in conjunction with the newest incarnations of betterai, unofficial patch and bugmod
to me rise of mankind would be the cherry on top of these mods and this means that those mods are more essential to me
the mod combination i previously described worked in previous versions of rise of mankind and bugmod
i realise i may be asking for too much, but a man can dream
so any other suggestions or ideas?

while this is helpful and does work
i'm trying to look for a way to get Rise of mankind interface working in conjunction with the newest incarnations of betterai, unofficial patch and bugmod
to me rise of mankind would be the cherry on top of these mods and this means that those mods are more essential to me
the mod combination i previously described worked in previous versions of rise of mankind and bugmod
i realise i may be asking for too much, but a man can dream
so any other suggestions or ideas?
RoM v2.502 has Unofficial patch 0.21, Better BtS 0.41 and BUG mod 3.5 included so you don't need to install those mods and installing them to BtS doesn't actually help at all for RoM since RoM uses only files under Rise of Mankind folder and don't move any files from those mods to RoM folders as that is most likely causing serious problems in the mod (f.ex. if you replace DLL you'll loose all RevolutionDCM changes) like the interface problem. Also do not change the folder name for Rise of Mankind, it will cause missing interface problem as well.

Here's current working in progress version notes:
Spoiler :
Version 2.503 (official 2.5 release)
--------------

Mod components
--------------
- Disabled: Active Defense (superceded by Better BtS AI logic)
- Disabled: DCM Air Bombing (superceded by Better BtS AI logic)
- Updated: Inquisition component updated to RevolutionDCM addon version
- Updated: RevolutionDCM 0.962 (supports now up to 50 players)

Units
-----
- Changed: Inquisitor max amount 3 now, can not use Inquisitor when player has no state religion or when player is using Secular religious civic.

Python
------
- Updated: several files with Inquisition mod changes
- Updated: BarbarianCiv file (bug fix)

Game defines
------------
- Added: New inquisition defines, by default player can found only 1 religion (see GameDefinesAlt.xml file for all options)

Pre-made maps and scenarios
---------------------------
- Changed: All maps support now up to 50 players

Civilizations
-------------
- Changed: Siam uses now South East Asian artstyle
- Changed: Hittites use now Egypt artstyle

Civics
------
- Changed: Barter food and production bonus from traderoutes 25%->35%, -25% bazaar, market and grocer cost
- Changed: Aristocracy renamed to Nobility
- Changed: Oligarchy renamed to Junta

At the moment I'm waiting some new button graphics for the last remaining new civics and making some last checks on civic modifiers before I write the strategy texts for them. When all this is made, I'll release the patch as the v2.5 patch.

During christmas holidays I'll try to find some time to post mod files as full v2.5 mod and full v1.3 extra civ addon pack and a mega pack which has v2.5 + extra civ addon pack merged together so you don't need to install them separately anymore (thus there should be less installing problems after that ;))

RoM v2.502 has Unofficial patch 0.21, Better BtS 0.41 and BUG mod 3.5 included so you don't need to install those mods and installing them to BtS doesn't actually help at all for RoM since RoM uses only files under Rise of Mankind folder and don't move any files from those mods to RoM folders as that is most likely causing serious problems in the mod (f.ex. if you replace DLL you'll loose all RevolutionDCM changes) like the interface problem. Also do not change the folder name for Rise of Mankind, it will cause missing interface problem as well.

Here's current working in progress version notes:
Spoiler :
Version 2.503 (official 2.5 release)
--------------

Mod components
--------------
- Disabled: Active Defense (superceded by Better BtS AI logic)
- Disabled: DCM Air Bombing (superceded by Better BtS AI logic)
- Updated: Inquisition component updated to RevolutionDCM addon version
- Updated: RevolutionDCM 0.962 (supports now up to 50 players)

Units
-----
- Changed: Inquisitor max amount 3 now, can not use Inquisitor when player has no state religion or when player is using Secular religious civic.

Python
------
- Updated: several files with Inquisition mod changes
- Updated: BarbarianCiv file (bug fix)

Game defines
------------
- Added: New inquisition defines, by default player can found only 1 religion (see GameDefinesAlt.xml file for all options)

Pre-made maps and scenarios
---------------------------
- Changed: All maps support now up to 50 players

Civilizations
-------------
- Changed: Siam uses now South East Asian artstyle
- Changed: Hittites use now Egypt artstyle

Civics
------
- Changed: Barter food and production bonus from traderoutes 25%->35%, -25% bazaar, market and grocer cost
- Changed: Aristocracy renamed to Nobility
- Changed: Oligarchy renamed to Junta

At the moment I'm waiting some new button graphics for the last remaining new civics and making some last checks on civic modifiers before I write the strategy texts for them. When all this is made, I'll release the patch as the v2.5 patch.

During christmas holidays I'll try to find some time to post mod files as full v2.5 mod and full v1.3 extra civ addon pack and a mega pack which has v2.5 + extra civ addon pack merged together so you don't need to install them separately anymore (thus there should be less installing problems after that ;))

It seems great! :)

is there the possibility to start a custom game with # players? as 34 for example and not always select all players slots ?
Bye and thanks for this great mod

Thanks zappara and everyone else involved for a truly great mod.

I am getting an xml error when starting up a new game with 2.502 beta. It seems to concern the new civics. Error msg is - Tag:CIVIC_SOCIALIZED info class was incorrect

current xml file is xml\Game Info/CIV4 VoteInfo.xml -

My trouble shooting skills are pretty basic.

Standard games will start, but without the new civics, any custom game will crash. 2.4 works fine. I have 3.17 patch. I have reinstalled ROM2.4 and patch to no avail.

Can anyone help. Should I reinstall BTS from scratch?

Ive been playing the newest evolution of your mod. One thing i have noticed is that the scout mech bombardment is seriously ineffective. dont know why.

ggm.

Looks like new RevolutionDCM version made saved games from earlier beta versions incompatible with the new version. Most likely the cause is the increase of maximum players from 34 to 50 (DLL change). So when I post the patch soon (in couple days hopefully) you'll have to start new games.

@Empiremaker

Thanks for the report, I'll check that event.

@ggm

Mech units still use the bombard system they had in Next War mod ie. they use regular BtS system rather than the new DCM system. I'll have to modify those units at some point... will add it to v2.6 todo list.

@Tannertu

Sounds like something went wrong during RoM patch install and it didn't overwrite all the old files. You don't need to re-install BtS, it should be enough just to re-install RoM and RoM's patch. Make sure the patch overwrites the old files.

Top Bottom