Version 2.6 discussion

Because Dogs are known for the intelligence required to flank archers? :)

I heard of the Dogs of war, but still.

Anyhow, so far I'm enjoying it. Working on spamming great generals and other stuff using my privateer.

I got the quest for epic traveling and colonizing the world. :)
Needless to say, after a little hard work, I had my science back up to 100% and making 20-50 a turn.

Game's starting to run slow though, although that may be because I was playing for several hours.
I'll see if it still is. I like that you brought the combat chart thing back to normal.
Oh, if you pick choose religion, some of the icons don't show up properly when you research a tech...

Because Dogs are known for the intelligence required to flank archers? :)

I heard of the Dogs of war, but still.

Well, if you are discussing what may make sense or seem realistic then I may say that Dogs can be trained to attack men holding bows so they will go around (i.e. flank) other units and try to get to their target. However, seriously I won't use such an argument.

It is all a matter of gameplay. If you have a unit it should be beneficial in some manner otherwise neither you nor the AI will ever train it. If you give dogs some high strength only to make them worth training this would be worst than giving them some specific ability like collateral damage (which makes sense). As it turned out that now you can't give a unit collateral damage unless it is a siege unit, has archer bombardment, or has flanking attack, it makes perfect sense to choose flanking attack out of these three options. I chose archers because dogs already have bonus against them.

I'll probably have to do small modifications to dog unit classes, at least remove Traineddog or modify Revolution python to check for xml attack city modifier because during very early revolts the Traineddog is usually considered the best option for attack and city attack even though it has -50% city attack modifier. In these situations player can usually train also Spearman and it would be better for attacking cities. I'll probably try to change the python as that would help AIs more as there are other unit types which have positive attack city modifier.

New patch fixed my UI issues. Only had about an hour and half to play, but so far it is excellent. Thanks.

I get a reproducable crash in the very late game (year 2049), it seems to happen everytime a particular building is built. Do you want a save game or something?

Version 2.62:
- Just got this message: "The %s have decided to give up their independence and join the %s!"
no idea why the %s weren't resolved. Unfortunately I am not able to see now whom was joined. The nation giving up their independence is easy to see as a "got destroyed" message is following this event.

- When completing Hellenic buildings the sound of Christianity is played.

Version 2.62:
- Just got this message: "The %s have decided to give up their independence and join the %s!"
no idea why the %s weren't resolved. Unfortunately I am not able to see now whom was joined. The nation giving up their independence is easy to see as a "got destroyed" message is following this event.
I've reported this already to RevDCM team - it's part of Revolution sdk files.

Seems very unstable in multiplayer. I'm getting a lot of OOS and CTD. Sometimes even quitting the game makes it crash.. Last playable version for me was 2.6beta. Something I should do or disable? disabling all rev stuffs make it a bit more stable but I keep getting OOS every 5/15 turns or so.

Any idea?
thanks.

Ups, I did it again... kind of... I must have been half sleep when making the patch and I forgot to change few RevDCM options to correct settings so you should go to BUG options screen (ctrl+alt+o) and change the following:

Battle Effects off (RevDCM has this on by default, but I think it's safer to keep it off)
Spy Promotions on (this must be on as Deceiver trait uses spy promotions and if not on, it can lead to ctds)
Inquisitions on (can be off too but it was meant to be on in RoM)

These were the settings I was using during most test runs and with those the game should be quite stable.

Seems very unstable in multiplayer. I'm getting a lot of OOS and CTD. Sometimes even quitting the game makes it crash.. Last playable version for me was 2.6beta. Something I should do or disable? disabling all rev stuffs make it a bit more stable but I keep getting OOS every 5/15 turns or so.

Any idea?
thanks.

Argh, unfortunately I'm getting the same as Loke.be - lots of OOS errors when trying to play multiplayer with my brother over internet. We each tried hosting a couple of games, and we both ensured all firewalls were switched off. We also both checked that our BUG options were identical to each other, including Battle Effects off, Spy promotions on and Inquisition on. Revolutions and Barbarian Civs were both also disabled prior to starting the games. Also we were using the standard RoM 2.62 pack, not the 2.62 Megapack.

There were three things I noticed that appeared to cause OOS errors:

-When one of us fought a barbarian Warrior who appeared out of a goodie hut
-When one human player's civ was destroyed (lost his only city)
-When trying to use AI Autoplay to quickly test multiplayer stability (this caused an OOS immediately so I suspect it isn't multiplayer compatible in RoM, although I believe it is supposed to be multiplayer compatible in vanilla BTS)

So frustrating as I was really looking forward to playing the latest version with my friends. :sad:

Zap, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve these errors. :)

Zap, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve these errors. :)
Posting logs might help me identify the cause for those OOS errors. By the way, have you tried regular RevolutionDCM 1.0 in multiplayer mode? If there's OOS with it as well, then it would indicate that some of the new changes in it are causing the errors. If no OOS with it, then it can be narrowed down to BUG mod and/or RoM's own python sections.

where did the advance combat info ui go
i read the patch notes but did see if it was turned off r something
ty

Posting logs might help me identify the cause for those OOS errors. By the way, have you tried regular RevolutionDCM 1.0 in multiplayer mode? If there's OOS with it as well, then it would indicate that some of the new changes in it are causing the errors. If no OOS with it, then it can be narrowed down to BUG mod and/or RoM's own python sections.

Zap, as requested I have attached logs for a test multiplayer game with logging enabled.

At first we tried the Revolutions mod on its own, but for some reason couldn't see each other in the lobby (unlike with RoM), so we had to play RoM instead. Of course sods law dictates that when you actually want an OOS to happen, it doesn't, so after playing for about 10 mins without an OOS I enabled AI Autoplay and got an OOS immediately. Let me know if you want a 'proper' OOS without resorting to using AI Autoplay though.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    91.4 KB · Views: 38
I'm in the renaissance era and suddenly all crashes stopped, even that nasty crash-on-load. I've played a few games in the raw and these are my observations:

1) The game is the most unstable in classical-medieval times, mostly in classical. In later eras all bugs suddenly go away so I think it's something to do with events/units/abilties of that time or maybe with revolutions components being affected by something from medieval times.

Also I've noticed that switching Combat Effects off makes the game much more stable (just the checkbox which gives you "battlefield" on the tile; the Influence should be left on it doesn't make a huge impact on the cpu, but I believe battlefields appearing and disappearing may make a huge hit on your processor).

2) Salt. Yeah, it's a problem. Since the salt appears only in desert some maps basically lack it. I'd say, we need some "patched" mapscript which checks all resources avaliable and if there's less than 2-3 deposits of salt it replaces some common resources with it. Also I don't see why it should be in desert only: make more spawning possibilities. Because glassware is needed, and I usually end with a single salt in one continent and a single stone resource on another. Which makes no sense. Maybe add more variety to possibility to make glassware.

Top Bottom