Version 2.6 discussion

Yeah quite a lot of the CTD's i've had seem to happen around the autosave, dunno if it's just coincidence or not:confused:

Is it possible to have a download for 2.5, so we can play this one until the errors get corrected?

Patch 2.62 has been uploaded!

Download

Version 2.62:
Spoiler :

Mods
----
- Added: Abandon city component, CTRL-A brings up the popup in city screen
- Changed: Revolution can be enabled for custom game
- Changed: Barbarian civ can be enabled for custom game

Units
-----
- Changed: Traineddog collateral damage removed, no longer have collateral UnitAI, seems to have been the cause for waiting -bug, are the collateral SDK changes the real cause because the unit doesn't have flanking or bombard values, only collateral values?
- Changed: Wardogs collateral damage removed, no longer have collateral UnitAI, possible cause for waiting -bug
- Changed: Guarddog collateral damage removed, no longer have collateral UnitAI, possible cause for waiting -bug

Python
------
- Changed: AutologEventManager, applied RevDCM fixes
- Changed: CvUtil, applied RevDCM fixes
- Changed: Abandon city component now gives also Settlers if player has required techs and city size is above 10, demolishing buildings give 20% of building's cost back to player as gold (note: AI players do not know how to use this component)
- Changed: Civics screen does not show Rebelliousness info if Revolution component is off
- Changed: GameUtils small code adjustments
- Changed: BugPath has been modified to find CvAltRoot.py file from also Beyond the Sword installation folder (was previously looking only from Documents folders)
- Fixed: Barracks->Garrison upgrade path, Barracks can't be built again after city has built Garrison

Pythoncallback defines
----------------------
- Changed: CannotSpreadReligion to 0 (not used)
- Changed: CannotResearch to 0 (not used)

Espionage
---------
- Changed: city poison water default amount 12->5 (spy promotions increase it)
- Changed: city unhappiness default amount 12->8 (spy promotions increase it)

Ini
---
- Changed: Revolution.ini is set to default RevDCM settings

Config
------
- Changed: RevDCM xml config set to default RevDCM settings

Buildings
---------
- Changed: Statue of Champion uses now different graphics
- Changed: River port uses LSYSTEM_RIVER instead of LSYSTEM_2x2 (places building near River)
- Changed: Hellenic Gymnasia gives Pankration promotion for units built in the city
- Changed: Hellenic buildings graphics
- Changed: Zoroastrian buildings graphics
- Changed: Naghual buildings graphics
- Changed: Pyramid of the Magician graphics
- Changed: Movie Theatre graphics
- Changed: Garrison graphics
- Changed: Nanofactory graphics
- Changed: Android factory graphics
- Changed: National Sports League graphics
- Fixed: Hittite Iron Forge had duplicate art defines, removed one
- Fixed: Modern granary had duplicate art defines, removed one

PlotLSystem
-----------
- Fixed: Lemon plantation should use now correct plantation rack and grinder art defines when the plot is worked

CityLSystem
-----------
- Added: LSYSTEM_GARRISON, swaps Garrison graphics for Modern and Future eras

Effects
-------
- Fixed: New missionaries use now other BtS missionaries' effects

Sounds
------
- Fixed: New missionaries have now new sounds

Leaderheads
-----------
- Fixed: Suppiluliuma's nif reads texture sim2.dds correctly

Promotion
---------
- Changed: Pankration (Hellenic) moved to Special tech so that this promotion is available only from Hellenic Gymnasia

Religions
---------
- Changed: New religions have new sounds when religion is founded

Improvements
------------
- Changed: Ancient temple has new graphics

Bonus classes
-------------
New classes should help AI players and make them value more resources as they want resources from all bonus classes, General class had many resources so AI did not value them much if they already had access to 1 or more of those resources. Adding more classes also affects Mapgenerator because it decides to place resources based on what bonus class they belong to and same type resources usually aren't close to each other. This should help to problem where maps were generated without some important resources.

- Added: Luxury, Unique 8 (=minimum range between this type resources)
- Added: Fuel, unique 6
- Added: Manufactured, unique 0 (these don't appear on maps, produced by industry)

Resources
---------
- Changed: Copper appears with Metal Casting
- Changed: Gold belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Fur belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Gems belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Silk belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Silver belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Salt belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Coffee belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Pearls belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Tobacco belongs now to Luxury class
- Changed: Ivory belongs now to Rush class (AIs without Horses should rush to Elephant units if they are also missing copper and/or iron)
- Changed: Coal belongs now to Fuel class
- Changed: Oil belongs now to Fuel class
- Changed: Uranium belongs now to Fuel class
- Changed: Oil products belongs now to Fuel class (even though it's manufactured)
- Changed: Aluminum belongs now to Manufactured class
- Changed: Glass belongs now to Manufactured class (could also be luxury resource?)
- Changed: Ammo belongs now to Manufactured class
- Changed: Steel belongs now to Manufactured class
- Changed: Vulcanized rubber belongs now to Manufactured class
- Changed: Synthetic rubber belongs now to Manufactured class

Civics
------
- Changed: Slavery no longer gain food bonus from farms or apple orchards (still need further changes?)
- Changed: Senated can do elections modifier set to 1 (affects revolutions and dynamic civ names)
- Changed: Parliament can do elections modifier set to 1 (affects revolutions and dynamic civ names)
- Changed: President can do elections modifier set to 1 (affects revolutions and dynamic civ names)

Patch changes from v2.52, v2.6 and v2.61 are also included in this patch so you don't need to install those previous patches.

With this patch the Revolution and Barbarian civ components should work correctly - I've ran half dozen games with those components on and 50+ minor civs have turned successfully into full civs without the 'waiting' bug so I think it's working fine now :)

Note that by default Revolution and Barbarian civ components are off but they can be enabled in custom game menu.

Fantastic! Great news about the fix.... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Not sure about this change though...

seems a little late to me as you can get iron working before revealing copper now

seems a little late to me as you can get iron working before revealing copper now
Metal Casting is before Bronze Working in RoM ;)

Units
-----
- Changed: Traineddog collateral damage removed, no longer have collateral UnitAI, seems to have been the cause for waiting -bug, are the collateral SDK changes the real cause because the unit doesn't have flanking or bombard values, only collateral values?
- Changed: Wardogs collateral damage removed, no longer have collateral UnitAI, possible cause for waiting -bug
- Changed: Guarddog collateral damage removed, no longer have collateral UnitAI, possible cause for waiting -bug

So it was the doggies and not the Rev Mod or Barb Civ that was causing all the problems?

Also you can patch from RoM v2.5 or RoM v2.6 right?

So it was the doggies and not the Rev Mod or Barb Civ that was causing all the problems?

Also you can patch from RoM v2.5 or RoM v2.6 right?
Yes, doggies seem to have been the cause - kind of what you can expect from real life dogs as well :lol:

The patch should work with both v2.5 and v2.6 though I've only tested it with v2.6.

Metal Casting is before Bronze Working in RoM ;)

Ooops.... I guess thats a lesson learned in not shooting your mouth off before know what you're talking about :blush:

Yes, doggies seem to have been the cause - kind of what you can expect from real life dogs as well :lol:

The patch should work with both v2.5 and v2.6 though I've only tested it with v2.6.

It works great! However did the AI get meaner? I was playing on just Warlord level and it seems like every AI is coming over to attack me way early in the game. I am on a Small size map and they still had to travel a ways to get to me. *grumbles*

Anywho I love the new roads. I have been playing with 2.6 Alpha for so long because anything after that would crash me. Its nice to see all the new stuff you have added since then and not crash. :D

In short RoM v2.62 rocks! :goodjob:

@Zappara

I am so glad that you got rid of this annoying issue. I am also pleased that once again I can play with Barb Civ turned on.

I can't however understand how can the collateral damage of doggies cause the issue. It has been around for a long time now and I think for the last couple of updates trained dogs didn't have collateral damage anyway. It is kind of sad because collateral damage was the raison d'etre for this line of units IMO.

It works great! However did the AI get meaner? I was playing on just Warlord level and it seems like every AI is coming over to attack me way early in the game. I am on a Small size map and they still had to travel a ways to get to me. *grumbles*
AI probably is meaner because I divided resources to new groups and AIs want to have resources from all groups and if they can't get some of them, they are more likely to go war to get them.

I can't however understand how can the collateral damage of doggies cause the issue. It has been around for a long time now and I think for the last couple of updates trained dogs didn't have collateral damage anyway. It is kind of sad because collateral damage was the raison d'etre for this line of units IMO.
In CvPlayerAI.cpp (or similar file in RevDCM sdk) are the collateral functions and that part probably works now differently than in RevDCM 0.97 as they went back to BtS bombard system. I haven't checked v0.97 sdk files. I think the new system checked if collateral damage unit does ranged bombardment, archer bombard or naval bombard or flanking and no choices for other situations. I could be wrong as I just glanced it through and didn't check all of it in detail. Trained dogs have had collateral damage for long time, I guess I'll have to make them some sort of "alternative for mounted" for civs without horses.

I absolutely cannot get a UI to show. I have the full steam version of this game. I've tried all the fixes listed on these here forums to no avail.

I have a civ4.ini file in my steam common apps file as well as in My Documents. I added the altroot.py possible python folder and tested. Im assuming because i have the steam version i had no choice but to be upgraded to 3.17.

I've been going at this for two days and still cannot get a UI. I'd really hate to give up on a MOD i hear so many great things about.

Any suggestions?

I absolutely cannot get a UI to show. I have the full steam version of this game. I've tried all the fixes listed on these here forums to no avail.

I have a civ4.ini file in my steam common apps file as well as in My Documents. I added the altroot.py possible python folder and tested. Im assuming because i have the steam version i had no choice but to be upgraded to 3.17.

I've been going at this for two days and still cannot get a UI. I'd really hate to give up on a MOD i hear so many great things about.

Any suggestions?
Have you tested the new RoM v2.62 as well? For it I slightly modified how the mod handles CvAltroot.py file. Could you also post log files from your game so I can take a look at python logs?

Ill give it a shot after work tonight. Also, if it doesn't work, where would the LOG file be located?

Quick Question, QQ? Are Privateers still awesomely unbalanced when you get them? Because if you're the first to build them, you can make them cripple your enemies fleets so they never build up a force to fight you with? :)

Just wondering, because I managed to get a Privateer to over 100 XP in earlier games.

Poor Triremes had no chance....stupid Barbarian Privateers....

Ill give it a shot after work tonight. Also, if it doesn't work, where would the LOG file be located?
Go to My documents\My games\Beyond the sword -folder, there open up CivilizationIV.ini and set all logging options to 1 except messagelog (don't need that one). Run the mod and exit, after exiting the game it will write the logs to My documents\My games\Beyond the sword\logs -folder. You can zip them and attach the zip to your post.

is downloading a patch just like downloading a new version?
Yes, download it and then unpack it to Beyond the Sword\Mods -folder and overwrite the files when it asks about it. Of course you need to have 2.5x or 2.6x installed before applying 2.62 patch. Alternatively you can download the full v2.62 mod if you're not sure about the patching process, though then the download is much bigger file.

Top Bottom