Version 2.62 released

Ok now I've got a problem: It seems like I can't run scneraios with MNAI 2.62. I can load the menu scenario (where you get Sabathiel) but when I pick one I get the message "Failed to read worldbuilder file btspath/mods/fall from heaven 2/assets/xml/scenarios/beneath the heel.beyondswordwbsave".
Same if I start directly from the assets/xml/scnearios folder. I also copied the WB files from my Eitb folder (which have been working) and adapted the mod path, but doesn't work. I think I could run Vanilla FFH2 scenarios before installing MNAI. I checked and it is not due to lfgr's dll changes (the July 10 version doesn't work either).
Do just I have that problem or is it general (and does maybe somebody know a fix?). Thanks in advance for your help!

edit: I could start a "Play Now!" game and MNAI seems to be active (at least BUG is)

This will probably be my final release (unless there is some major bug).

Hi everyone.

For years i have been regularly reading this thread (and the one from MagisterCultuum). Every month or two, i was wondering what new features and fixes had been made.

I've never post anything though.

Reading that you may finally end to work on this project (if i understand well) has pushed me to write this post.

I just want to thank you for all the great stuff you've made with MNAI throughout these years.

I've had countless hours of play with your mod. Alone or with good friends. And i'm sure i have still a lot of games to play!

Of course, i'm not forgetting all of you that have been working on the mods i play, Magister, Terkhen, Ronkhar, Ifgr... and plenty of others whose i read the names everwhere here :)

Thank you all. Thank you Tholal!

I hope it won't bother anyone that i post this here.

Hello.

Have been playing for a while with 2.62 and Terkhen's fix.
Most bugs seem to have been fixed (except that Guybrush Threepwhatever still can't sing. Too bad, but not game-breaking).

However, something amazing just happened to me.
Two of the four dreaded horsemen had spawned more than fifty turns ago, but for some reason didn't do any damage (perhaps because the landmass they had spawned on was Clan's property).

Suddenly, they were both reported killed, on the same turn, and at the very same location.
I decided to go back one turn in time and open WB. All I could see at the coordinates was a barbarian galley with two other units on the same plot.

Next turn, the same tile was occupied by a damaged Malakim ship, and the horsemen were reported killed.
The only explanation is that they were on board that galley. But why sail on a crappy ship when you can fly?

I have a save if anyone is interested.

The only explanation is that they were on board that galley. But why sail on a crappy ship when you can fly?

It's possible I changed the AI somewhere and caused that. I'll look into it and report back whether it's an MNAI or EMM issue.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread ("Terkhen's fix"), I though you were playing EMM.

It's possible I changed the AI somewhere and caused that. I'll look into it and report back whether it's an MNAI or EMM issue.

Related question: Why are units which can survive on the terrain killed when the transport is destroyed?
Unfortunately this causes a lot of micro for the human player when transporting OO (or other waterwalking) units. Changing that may also help the AI which is not very good at protecting transport ships.

You have to edit the scenario file and change the path to point to the right game directory. It's hardcoded for some reason.
Could you elaborate? What's the path, what's the right game directory, and how do I get the former to point to the latter?

Do I need to change the line "ModPath=Mods\Fall from Heaven 2" to something different, and if so, what? The scenario files are in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios.

Also... an issue that I had under the v2.61 patch that persisted in v2.63 was that the game would crash when I turned the tile grid on, or tried to load a save without turning the grid off, which I had to do outside of MNAI (the grid still worked in regular BtS, the Age of Ice scenario, Erebus in the Balance, etc.)... because loading a MNAI save would crash the game. :p Is that something that anyone else has reported that's indicative of anything in particular?

Regardless, I reckon that it's time to reinstall everything if I'm to get it all working properly. Is the correct order to install Beyond the Sword, then the 3.19 patch (Is that it?), then Fall From Heaven 2, then More Naval AI v2.63? Do I need to install a FFH2 patch, or several in a row, before MNAI, and do I need to install more anything more than the most recent More Naval AI file after that? And should I install Blue Marble For Fall From Heaven 2 before or after More Naval AI (or does it not matter)?

Anyway, I think I'll finally finish the Age of Ice scenario before I worry about reinstalling anything.

Thanks in advance for any help, and many thanks to Kael, Tholal, and everyone else for all of their work!

Top Bottom