Version 2.7 discussion

does that mean that Zap has no control over Events within the RoM mod? they are a pure revdcd thang? :confused:

then i will bring the beatdowns their way! :spank:

Not quite right. The problem with some events has been traced to how they are loaded in RevDCM something happened when WoC was merged into it. They are working on fixing it and other things. It only seems to be a problem with events like the healing plants event where the third option is not working. So Zaparra and mod modders can add and change events in RoM and they will work if they aren't like the problem ones. Of which there are about eleven.

Have an odd question; what's up with the year count? I was playing a randomized Earth on small (wimpy computer) and even if I had gone balls to the wall, I couldn't have gotten a Domination victory that much faster than the Diplomatic victory I got. The techs I was researching was around WW II yet the game ended in 2180!

I then got listed as "Dan Quayle" - Personally I think the program thought it took me around 250 longer that it 'actually' did to dominate the Planet.

Plus, again, if I had gone 'balls to the wall' I doubt I'd have been able to keep my empire from falling apart so again the rating is odd. Anyway, it doesn't seem like the turn to year ratio is the same as vanilla Civ.

What speed?

There have been adjustments for the various speeds like Epic, Marathon, etc..

JosEPh

Somewhere in the long list of changes zappara mentioned years per turn adjustments for the different lvls to make the techs available around the years/eras they should show up at.

one of the 2.7test versions I was still in early industrial in the mid 1900's AD on Epic. I mentioned to zappara that the year intervals need to be changed for the early eras. Ex. vanilla BtS uses 35 years per turn in Ancient I suggested shorting that to 25 years. And Classical from 15 years to 10. I believe those were incorporated in the 2.7 build.

JosEPh

i just felt a post was needed since its been a week now... its good to know that some of us have lives and must be on summer vacation? :mischief:

Flood plains on plains seem far far too powerful. If you manage to start with a city near areas with these tiles, especially if there is room for more than one city, the boost is hugely unbalanced. If you manage to build the pyramids too you have got tiles which are far better than most of the alternatives creating supercities very quickly.
I started a huge map and had enough room for 5 cities where the borders covered a lot of tiles with flood plains on plains. Flood plains on desert makes sense but on plains, seems too unbalanced.

Could the money earned from trade caravans be turned down as well, I always run a failing economy at the start and just keep churning out the caravans turn after turn raking in the cash. Makes it pretty one sided.

Could the money earned from trade caravans be turned down as well, I always run a failing economy at the start and just keep churning out the caravans turn after turn raking in the cash. Makes it pretty one sided.

I'd much rather have AI build them. AI knows how to use caravans but it never builds one (he does sometimes get great person trader but that is not built unit). If someone could fix that, AI difficulty would skyrocket from income it would earn. And it would be on even terms with player so caravans wouldn't feel like exploit.

Flood plains can be a boost to the AI as well. In my game I have 2 AI's that expanded quickly and are becoming superpowers. This adds to the difficulty and fun but it would be good to have more control over how frequent the flood plains are.

hey vincentz i'm using your modmod 1.2 and everything else is working fine except the guilds portion.....i can buikld the nat wonders but cant build the ww either with the gp or build
as far as i can tell all requirements are met and the icons show but i cant click to do the actual build
edit: also i went into world builder and put the apothecaries ww in the city that had the appropriate nw and couldn't build the unit to expand....i saved game b4 doing this and now have reloaded so gonna finish this game w/o
2nd edit: kk now i'm at a loss cause dido just built the apothecaries guild and is currently building the unit...like i said as far as i could tell i met all the requirements....tech, nat won, are there other requirements that aren't listed?

final edit: just read the thread on your guilds project and discovered my prob......someone now needs to remove the no corps on barter cause i have never used slavery and really dont wanna start now......besides barter is so early corps really arent available, but making slavery no corps and barter allow corps makes more sense at least to me

I'd much rather have AI build them. AI knows how to use caravans but it never builds one (he does sometimes get great person trader but that is not built unit). If someone could fix that, AI difficulty would skyrocket from income it would earn. And it would be on even terms with player so caravans wouldn't feel like exploit.

Flood plains can be a boost to the AI as well. In my game I have 2 AI's that expanded quickly and are becoming superpowers. This adds to the difficulty and fun but it would be good to have more control over how frequent the flood plains are.

On Caravans: Have a set money amount that the IA is supposed to keep in It's treasury (increasing by Era), if it is below that and not at war have it build trade caravans, might be python intensive because it would have to check as many time as there is IA

Top Bottom